Error 404 using Filezilla with Xampp & BigDump

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Error 404 using Filezilla with Xampp & BigDump

Postby mcd » 24. September 2013 20:28

Hello,

I need to upload a big database on my local server.

I configurated Filezilla for my local server, and it seems to work well (on Filezilla I have in \dump the same files as in C:\xampp\FileZillaFTP\dump), authorization xxx

I downloaded BigDump.php, configurated it and put it with my database.sql in the \dump file

I should then execute BigDump, which is what I do in my browser: write "http://localhost/dump/BigDump.php" then enter

=>I get a 404 error

I tried to do exactly the same on my distant server, and it works.

What did I do wrong?

Thank you for your help :P
mcd

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Error 404 using Filezilla with Xampp & BigDump

Postby hackattack142 » 25. September 2013 04:14

Hello,

Is /dump in your htdocs, in your DocumentRoot folder, and/or aliased to that folder in your FileZilla folder?
XAMPP Control Panel Developer
Latest CP: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48932
hackattack142

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Postby mcd » 25. September 2013 17:36

Hello,

It is in my FileZillaFTP folder
mcd

Postby Nobbie » 25. September 2013 20:06

mcd wrote:It is in my FileZillaFTP folder

This is a poor answer. FileZilla knows NOTHING about Apache and DocumentRoot.

It is YOUR responsibility, to make sure that FileZilla puts the files into the DocumentRoot of Apache. This is NOT solved by simply saying "it is in FileZilla FTP Folder". That is strange, really strange.

FileZilla and Apache are two completely different tools and they do not know ANYTHING about each other. They both relate to the file system of your server, but they both have their own configuration and "point of view". You have to configure BOTH tools to aim to the same folders. You got it now?
Nobbie

Postby mcd » 25. September 2013 20:35

Hi Nobbie,

No need to shout at me! :shock:
If I had the answer or any clue why it doesn't work I wouldn't be posting on this forum.
I don't understand your reply and I don't know what a DocumentRoot is

The aim is to upload a big database in Xampp's Apache
I have a local ftp with Xampp => this one I can't make it work properly.

On this Xampp ftp I created a \dump file. In which I put my database.sql to be uploaded + a BigDump.php file that is supposed to do the job and upload the database on Xampp's Apache.

You have to configure BOTH tools to aim to the same folders. You got it now?

I got it but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do. Can anyone help me?
Thank you :?
mcd

Postby hackattack142 » 26. September 2013 02:27

You need to put it in your Apache DocumentRoot (c:\xampp\htdocs) so Apache can see it (http://localhost points to your DocumentRoot) or make an alias to that folder like was done for the phpmyadmin folder (see c:\xampp\apache\conf\extra\httpd-xampp.conf for how that was done)
XAMPP Control Panel Developer
Latest CP: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48932
hackattack142

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Postby mcd » 26. September 2013 18:26

thank you hackattack142 for your help! :mrgreen:
mcd

Postby mcd » 27. September 2013 09:39

Hello,

I now have another problem executing BigDump: I get an error message "Warning: POST Content-Length of 357795596 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown on line 0"

I tried with the database.sql then having zipped it database.sql.zip but it doesn't work either

What should I do to solve the problem? :|

Thanks

No help needed anymore, I solved it with the help of Google :wink:
Last edited by mcd on 27. September 2013 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
mcd

Postby bigears » 16. August 2014 12:55

hello, I am new to xampp. I have just set up a localhost for wordpress on my computer using xampp. I am trying to load a wordpress theme into it now. The theme is the affilirame theme. It lets you make a number of different configurations in other words different themes with in itself. I already use it on line. But when I try to load it up I receive this message " POST Content-Length of 28146762 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown on line 0"
So two question: one how do I solve this problem and two is there a technical book I can buy on xampp so I can understand xampp in more depth. I hope there is an answer to this as I can work off line. Thanks for reading this. bigears
bigears

Operating System: windows 8.1

Postby Nobbie » 16. August 2014 13:31

bigears wrote:But when I try to load it up I receive this message " POST Content-Length of 28146762 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown on line 0"

Seems to be strange, because Xampp usually comes with post_max_size Limit of 128M (128 Megabytes). Edit the file php.ini in c:/xampp/php and watch out for three configuration variables:

memory_limit = 128M
post_max_size = 128M
upload_max_filesize = 128M

As quoted above, these *should* be set to 128M (or 128MB). If not, override them and restart Apache. If the error still remains, open http://localhost/xampp (you may simply click on this link) and the following Screen click on "phpInfo()" in the left Menu. In the following screen you will see a listing of all PHP settings, again look for the three variables as before. It should be 128M as well.

If the error still remains, proceed to a Wordpress Forum and ask there. Possibly Wordpress overrides the default PHP values.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows