Mercury Service not available

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Mercury Service not available

Postby cb » 01. July 2013 09:32

After a clean install of Xampp 1.8.2, I found that Mercury Mail no longer works with a previously working email client configuration (Thunderbird).

After starting Mercury Mail in the control panel, sending test messages in Thunderbird gives the error message

Alert
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: Service not available, closing channel. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again

Restoring the complete MercuryMail folder from a 1.8.1 Xampp into the 1.8.2 Xampp then works fine.

Changes to the php.ini file to swap from mailtodisk to use Mercury mail obviously still need to be made to use the simple email form in Xampp

I was wondering if the Mercury mail s/w could be updated to the latest version 4.74?

Thanks
Last edited by cb on 02. August 2013 00:46, edited 1 time in total.
cb
cb

Re: Mercury Service not available

Postby cb » 31. July 2013 04:13

This still occurs in both the v1.8.2-1 and v1.8.3 releases
cb
cb

Postby maple » 04. September 2013 20:12

I am new to Mercury mail server. I am trying to setup Mercury so I can test email locally in development environment but kept getting same error:

"Alert
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: Service not available, closing channel. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again"

Tried several guides on the internet on setting it up but no luck. Any idea on how to fix it?

Greatly appreciated your reply. Thanks
maple

Operating System: Window 8

Postby cb » 05. September 2013 11:55

maple wrote:I am new to Mercury mail server. I am trying to setup Mercury so I can test email locally in development environment but kept getting same error:

"Alert
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: Service not available, closing channel. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again"

Tried several guides on the internet on setting it up but no luck. Any idea on how to fix it?

I installed the 1.8.1 Xampp, saved the entire Xampp/Mercurymail directory, removed Xampp, installed 1.8.2 or 1.8.3 Xampp, swapped the saved off Mercurymail directory with the new one and it worked fine.

Also note that 1.8.2-2 still has the same issue, but have not tried 1.8.3-1 yet.
cb
cb

Postby cb » 24. September 2013 10:49

cb wrote:
maple wrote:I am new to Mercury mail server. I am trying to setup Mercury so I can test email locally in development environment but kept getting same error:

"Alert

I installed the 1.8.1 Xampp, saved the entire Xampp/Mercurymail directory, removed Xampp, installed 1.8.2 or 1.8.3 Xampp, swapped the saved off Mercurymail directory with the new one and it worked fine.

Also note that 1.8.2-2 still has the same issue, but have not tried 1.8.3-1 yet.

Finally tried 1.8.3-1 - Same issue occurs
cb
cb

Postby cb » 07. December 2013 02:05

Same issue in 1.8.3-2

This is actually the same issue referred to in viewtopic.php?f=16&t=67477#p231684

Solution is just create a new folder QUEUE in the MercuryMail folder

Have yet to try 1.8.2-3, but imagine it is the same problem.
cb
cb

Postby djkevinf » 13. May 2014 07:32

thanks mate, your solution works. i have just created QUEUE folder in MercuryMail. I can know send email on Mercury :D
djkevinf

Operating System: Windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows