FileZilla dont start

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

FileZilla dont start

Postby WebMan » 29. March 2004 22:54

Firstly, thanks for a great sofware, well done :D

I 've been using xampp for a while and everything has worked perfect. Then I decided to move xampp from C to the D directory and at the same time upgrade to the latest version. Downloaded xampp 1.4 and installed on the D directory. I kept the old version because I wanted to move some of the content in htdocs.

Running xampp setup went ok, when running filezilla setup I met problems - starting up filezilla, started it in the C directory (old version). I closed it, deleted the old xampp version. Tried again (FileZilla Server Interface) but now the server refuses connection.

Tried to run the xampp and filezilla setup again but it doesnt help. Looks like filezilla dont start properly. Checked status in the xampp panel which shows a deactivated-status.

Is there a way to fix this - any tips and hints are welcome.

Thanks
WebMan
WebMan

Re: FileZilla dont start

Postby fooff » 30. March 2004 12:12

WebMan wrote:Firstly, thanks for a great sofware, well done :D

I 've been using xampp for a while and everything has worked perfect. Then I decided to move xampp from C to the D directory and at the same time upgrade to the latest version. Downloaded xampp 1.4 and installed on the D directory. I kept the old version because I wanted to move some of the content in htdocs.

Running xampp setup went ok, when running filezilla setup I met problems - starting up filezilla, started it in the C directory (old version). I closed it, deleted the old xampp version. Tried again (FileZilla Server Interface) but now the server refuses connection.

Tried to run the xampp and filezilla setup again but it doesnt help. Looks like filezilla dont start properly. Checked status in the xampp panel which shows a deactivated-status.

Is there a way to fix this - any tips and hints are welcome.

Thanks
fooff

Postby WebMan » 30. March 2004 12:30

Well ...?...
WebMan
WebMan

Postby MAGnUm » 30. March 2004 16:08

did you install it as a service if so you have to remove the service and re-add it from the new location, i dont use filezilla so i dont even know if it allows instalation as a service but thats what it sounds like to me.
~~:M A G n U m:~~
(Disclaimer: if any of this info is confusing or vague tough, its free!!)
MAGnUm

Postby WebMan » 31. March 2004 15:10

MAGnUm wrote:did you install it as a service if so you have to remove the service and re-add it from the new location, i dont use filezilla so i dont even know if it allows instalation as a service but thats what it sounds like to me.

Thanks for your reply.

I figured it out. Edited the FileZilla XML file (permission dir) which was at bit messed up probably because I didnt delete the old xampp version first. Shut down everything (and threw the computer out of the window), restarted and run the filezilla setup - now everything is working fine :P
WebMan
WebMan

good to know

Postby MAGnUm » 01. April 2004 16:43

welcome, even though i was soooooooo far off. :D
~~:M A G n U m:~~
(Disclaimer: if any of this info is confusing or vague tough, its free!!)
MAGnUm

Return to XAMPP for Windows