db.php - how do I get to work

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

db.php - how do I get to work

Postby DavidGoodnature » 08. August 2013 16:32

Good morning.

I have a really old web application. Long story sort, web server died. Need to move program quickly to get running. Will rewrite next week, but for now, need to get it going.

Have XAMPP for Mac OS X 1.7.3
OSX 10.8.4

Issue : require ('DB.php'); causing failure.

The usual "Warning: require(DB.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/arachnid_temp/PUR/welcome.php"

I know nothing about DB.php.

I can locate it under "/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php/pear/Zend/Db.php". Can I just refer to this, or is there something else I need to do??

I tried to run /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php/pear pear install db

reports the following:
pear/db is already installed and is the same as the released version 1.7.14

Again, I'm just looking to get this thing going. Will redo in PDO after I can see how it actually works.

Thanks in advance.
DavidGoodnature

Operating System: OSX 10.8.4

Re: db.php - how do I get to work

Postby iggyvolz » 15. August 2013 22:03

Is this a software you made yourself or one you downloaded from someone else? It sounds like welcome.php is the welcome page for a fresh installation of the software, and DB.php is the page for configuration for your database. If you downloaded a fresh copy from the internet, try reading the documentation to create a db.php file or, if present, rename something like db-sample.php to db.php and fill in the values. Or, just try creating a blank DB.php file in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/arachnid_temp/PUR and reply back with the errors.
iggyvolz

Operating System: Mac OS X

Return to XAMPP for macOS