Help, please, with WinXP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Help, please, with WinXP

Postby TeeJay » 21. March 2004 21:24

Firstly, can I say, XAMPP works perfectly on Win98, at home! My problem is that I'm struggling with it on WinXP in a different location.
Everything goes as it should on WinXP, until I try to view a newly created table in a newly created database. Essentially, the right-hand screen returns nothing after I hit the Go button, it remains blank. I know all the information is as it should be because, if I persevere, I can occasionally get the rquired results page.
If anyone could be kind enough to point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful. Thanx.
TeeJay

phpmyadmin unstable on XP

Postby lbecraft » 27. March 2004 06:57

Are you talking about phpmyadmin?

I am have similar issues. When I access phpmyadmin somes pages react normally and others will either:

A. give me the "The page cannot be displayed"
B. get into a crazy loop and keep refreshing and give flashes of what the content should be, eventually leading to "The page cannot be displayed".
C. Sometimes there is no response and nothing happens.

Another problem is with phpinfo() refreshing itself several times, eventually diplaying the normal page or blank page.

Otherwise, php scripts are running fine talking to databases etc..

Weird behavior
lbecraft

Re: phpmyadmin unstable on XP

Postby TeeJay » 27. March 2004 12:17

lbecraft wrote:Are you talking about phpmyadmin.....?

Yes, that must be where the problem lies. It's a little annoying and very frustrating but, at least, I'm not alone!!
TeeJay

its explorer bug

Postby j_chakraverty » 27. March 2004 18:13

it isnt a myadmin thing its a bug in explorer. I had teh same. and also if u use ilayers u shall see the same bug.

I stopped having problems after I started using Mozilla. Try it may be it helps you too
j_chakraverty

Re: its explorer bug

Postby TeeJay » 27. March 2004 21:08

j_chakraverty wrote:it isnt a myadmin thing its a bug in explorer. I had teh same. and also if u use ilayers u shall see the same bug.

I stopped having problems after I started using Mozilla. Try it may be it helps you too

:D Thanks very much, I'll give Mozilla a go!
TeeJay

Mozilla is great.

Postby lbecraft » 29. March 2004 04:54

Thanks for the tip. Mozilla solves both issues (phpmyadmin and phpinfo) and runs a lot faster than IE6 for me on an XP box.
lbecraft

Return to XAMPP for Windows