can't access through external ip

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

can't access through external ip

Postby daslee » 10. July 2013 21:49

Hello. I just downloaded latest version of xampp and installed it, forwarded ports (80 and 443) in my router and firewall, but why I can't access it through my external ip? Before few weeks I had older version of xampp and it worked, now after I reinstalled my windows and downloaded newest xampp it won't work anymore, I can access my page only with internal ip or typing in localhost in address bar. :|

EDIT: I also checked apache access log file and I didn't even found that my external ip was trying to access my web page.
daslee

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: can't access through external ip

Postby Nobbie » 11. July 2013 13:31

daslee wrote:EDIT: I also checked apache access log file and I didn't even found that my external ip was trying to access my web page.

Look into the Apache config (httpd.conf etc.) and whatch out if there is a "LISTEN 127.0.0.1" directive or similar. In that case, Apache does NOT listen on every IP (including the external IP of your network card), but only on the internal IP.

Either add a sufficient LISTEN directive or remove all different LISTEN directives (if there is no LISTEN given, Apache LISTENs to everything).

P.S.: If you also re-installed Windows, you might have a problem with the firewall as well, which catches all requests for Xampp/Apache. Check this as well.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows