Unable to set up XAMPP - blank page served

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Unable to set up XAMPP - blank page served

Postby Badr » 27. June 2013 07:31

Hello, hope everyone's doing fine.
I'll get right to it, I have tried alot of local servers(eg EasyPhp, wamp)! but i couldnt get any of them working!(EasyPhp worked once long time ago, i guess)

Anyways, now i am trying Xampp hoping i can get it to work. I get 2 messages after installing it the UAC, and this one!:

But, I have both Ms visual c++ 2010 redistributable for 64bit and 2008 for 32bit! And when I try to get to localhost, its just a blankpage or it keeps saying "connecting" for almost forever!

What I have Tried so far:
1-Checking if no other services is using the ports xampp uses. (Check!)
2-Deleting Skype.(Check!)
3-Deleting the ms visual c++ redistributable packages, then installing them again, i tried each one at a time, like 32bit first then xampp, both together, 64bit alone. everything! (Check!)
4-Disabling User Account Control. (Check!)
5-Fixing my firewall to see if its blocking connections. (Check!)

My OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Note: I see some files for Ms visual c++ 2010 redistributable for 64bit and 32bit on D:/ drive. could that be it? -- Xampp installed directly on C:/xampp
Badr

Operating System: Windows

Re: Unable to set up XAMPP - blank page served

Postby hackattack142 » 28. June 2013 22:04

Hello,

Apache is the one that uses VC++ 2010 and the files needed for that are bundled with XAMPP so you don't need to install anything extra.

PHP requires VC++ 2008 32-bit. This is the specific one you would need installed: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=5582

If you continue to get errors related to the loading forever, check if there are errors in you Apache error log first and post here.

I am trying to help someone else with a loading forever issue here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=56327&p=211432#p211432
XAMPP Control Panel Developer
Latest CP: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48932
hackattack142

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Return to XAMPP for Windows