Problem with Mac Installation

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problem with Mac Installation

Postby mpitluk » 27. June 2013 13:34

This is step two of the Mac OS X installation guide for XAMPP:

"Step 2: Installation
To install XAMPP just do the following:
Open the DMG-Image.
Drag'n'Drop the XAMPP folder into your Applications folder."

Unfortunately, this is not what happens for me. I am never given the opportunity to drop and drag XAMPP into my Applications folder. Instead, when I open the DMG-image, I am taken to a window with "xampp-osx-1.8.2-0-installer" in it.

This may seem fine, but even after I open this and complete installation, the XAMPP test shows that MySLQ database is "deactivated" and so are both PHP extensions.

Most importantly, however, when I open the XAMPP folder in my Applications folder, there is no XAMPP control panel.

I have no idea what is wrong. I have uninstalled and reinstalled XAMPP twice and simply followed the directions provided. Can someone please help?
mpitluk

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8.4

Re: Problem with Mac Installation

Postby mpitluk » 27. June 2013 21:41

Can someone please help me with this? Because I really need to figure this out. Thanks.
mpitluk

Postby mpitluk » 28. June 2013 08:33

Anyone? Is anyone alive on here?
mpitluk

Postby zootalaws » 29. June 2013 06:49

In the same place as the Xampp control panel used to live is the new controller. It sticks out like balls on a bull, really...

The documentation was for a prior version - it, including the installer and the new controll app has been changed, but the docs are lagging.
zootalaws

Operating System: OS X 10.8.4

Return to XAMPP for macOS