I have two problems with xampp

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

I have two problems with xampp

Postby fish181 » 02. June 2013 05:31

Hi!

So yesterday I began working with xampp, it was really my first time. I am learning how to use php and incorporate it with MySQL and I ran into a problem. First, when I launch the "xampp control Panel v3.1.0 I receive this in the logs:
Code: Select all
12:19:13 AM  [mysql]    Expected Path: e:\xampp1\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe --defaults-file=e:\xampp1\mysql\bin\my.ini mysql
12:19:13 AM  [mysql]    Problem detected!
12:19:13 AM  [mysql]    Port 3306 in use by "mysqld.exe"!
12:19:13 AM  [mysql]    MySQL WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
12:19:13 AM  [mysql]    You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
12:19:13 AM  [mysql]    or reconfigure MySQL to listen on a different port

Secondly, every time I start apache I get "Access violation at address XXXXXX in module 'xampp-control.exe'. Then the control panel crashes for "xampp-control.exe has stopped working". I believe it has something to do with some other thing taking up port 80, but the error seems vague to me. I also get a "system error code 5" sometimes.

Thanks! Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm new to all of this. If you need any logs just reply and I'll add them ASAP.

-Fisher

I've looked for a "mysqld.exe" but I cannot find a file or anything anywhere on my computer that matches that.
fish181

Operating System: windows 8

Re: I have two problems with xampp

Postby katherinetkey » 02. June 2013 16:23

hope you will overcome your problem soon.
katherinetkey

Operating System: windows 7

Postby hackattack142 » 03. June 2013 00:10

Hello,

Make sure you are running the control panel with Admin privileges.

Next, could you post the entire log window instead of just the snippet?

You could also try the latest control panel (3.2.0) from the link in my signature.
XAMPP Control Panel Developer
Latest CP: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48932
hackattack142

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Postby en1602va » 10. June 2013 06:27

fish181 wrote:Hi!

So yesterday I began working with xampp, it was really my first time. I am learning how to use php and incorporate it with MySQL and I ran into a problem. First, when I launch the "xampp control Panel v3.1.0 I receive this in the logs:
Code: Select all
12:19:13 AM  [mysql]    Expected Path: e:\xampp1\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe --defaults-file=e:\xampp1\mysql\bin\my.ini mysql
12:19:13 AM  [mysql]    Problem detected!
12:19:13 AM  [mysql]    Port 3306 in use by "mysqld.exe"!
12:19:13 AM  [mysql]    MySQL WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
12:19:13 AM  [mysql]    You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
12:19:13 AM  [mysql]    or reconfigure MySQL to listen on a different port

Secondly, every time I start apache I get "Access violation at address XXXXXX in module 'xampp-control.exe'. Then the control panel crashes for "xampp-control.exe has stopped working". I believe it has something to do with some other thing taking up port 80, but the error seems vague to me. I also get a "system error code 5" sometimes.

Thanks! Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm new to all of this. If you need any logs just reply and I'll add them ASAP.

-Fisher

I've looked for a "mysqld.exe" but I cannot find a file or anything anywhere on my computer that matches that.

I have the same problem.

But I managed to make it work.

in the panel installation xampp apache off and hit the start button and fixed.

that's an option. :shock:
en1602va

Operating System: windows 7 64 bist

Return to XAMPP for Windows