XAMPP 1.7.3 on win 7 not running PHP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP 1.7.3 on win 7 not running PHP

Postby twayne1 » 21. May 2013 01:16

:( I'm back after a long hiatus (illness) and I'm having problems getting PHP to run locally. I have code that works on my remote server, but I can't run it locally. I started with V1.8.1 but then found something that said I need to stick with VC6 compilers so I went back to 1.7.3 and installed it.

I know to use "localhost" and put the scripts in htdocs, which I've done. What displays looks like a cross between HTML and PHP, but it's sure not PHP in reality.

Are there changes I need to make in a *.ini or a config file I need to set up? If so, how & where? I've studied the docs and see no hints there. Back on XP I recall installing it and going right to work, but it's sure not working that way on my win 7.
I get no error messages or anything and have entered passwords where it wanted them. The XAMPP success, welcome, status, etc., page works fine and show no errors but I can't get it to use my own scripts.
If I'm not
concise enough, don't hesitate to ask me for clarification or whatever I've left out.
TIA for any advice, comments, etc. that might help.

Regards,

twayne1
twayne1

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Re: XAMPP 1.7.3 on win 7 not running PHP

Postby JJ_Tagy » 21. May 2013 01:52

Most likely the short open tags. Off by default in 1.8+
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: XAMPP 1.7.3 on win 7 not running PHP

Postby twayne1 » 21. May 2013 16:09

Thanks, but I'm not using short-tags so that's not it.

Anything else?
twayne1

RESOLVED Re: XAMPP 1.7.3 on win 7 not running PHP

Postby twayne1 » 21. May 2013 18:51

:D :D It's fixed. I botched the spelling of the "thank you" script was the problem! Since it was missing, it caused an error in the calling file. I guess I need to find out where the error.log is; it might have helped me since I assumed the problem was in the calling program, which couldn't find the thank-you.html. Oh well!

Ill do better at including more details next time I come back.

Thanks, all
twayne1

Return to XAMPP for Windows