PHP not working with 1.8.1 Xampp install.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PHP not working with 1.8.1 Xampp install.

Postby Bargleman3 » 18. May 2013 10:27

Hey (sorry if i am doing something drastically wrong in posting this, I'm new),

I have an installation of 1.8.1 Xampp on windows 8 (on local disk: C:\xampp), it all seems to be fine with Apache and MySQL seemingly working fine and giving access to "localhost".

The only problem is that when i try and run the index.php (in htdocs) or a .php file, with even the simplest of code, I get: "Something is wrong with the XAMPP installation :-( "

I have only edited the date/timezone, otherwise it is a fresh install.

I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and has found a fix for it. (after numerous hours of searching and trying things I have found no fix)

Thank you for your time,
Bargleman3
Bargleman3

Operating System: Windows 8

Re: PHP not working with 1.8.1 Xampp install.

Postby Nobbie » 18. May 2013 11:09

You *must* *not* double click on index.php, but enter http://localhost/index.php into your browser (or simply click this link).

Double clicking is horribly wrong for *.html as well, but it "seems" to work correctly, but is does not, you have to enter as well http://localhost/blabla.html in order to request HTML files from Apache.

If you double click files, this is a request to the Kernel / Filesystem, NOT to your local Webserver (but Xampp is as webserver). You dont need Webservers if you simply double click files.
Nobbie

Re: PHP not working with 1.8.1 Xampp install.

Postby Bargleman3 » 18. May 2013 11:21

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Sorry for being such a noob and clogging up your forum with stupid questions...
Bargleman3

Operating System: Windows 8

Return to XAMPP for Windows