phpmyadmin error

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpmyadmin error

Postby gopinathpara » 21. March 2013 20:58

hi,

just know i installed xampp for windows and when i tried to run i'm gettting following error msg

Error
MySQL said:

#2002 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

The server is not responding (or the local server's socket is not correctly configured).
Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.

can any buddy help me in fixing this ?
gopinathpara

Operating System: windows 8

Re: phpmyadmin error

Postby MJBpower » 22. March 2013 03:21

I am having the same or a similar error. I had a previous install of MySQL 5.5 and I had used the default port of 3306. When I did the XAMPP install it installed another instance of MySQL with a separate process. This was not an issue, since I just wanted the XAMPP version for testing without any passwords. I went through EVERY file that referenced port 3306 and changed it to 3307. Nevertheless, myPHPadmin continued to see MySQL as being installed and running on port 3306. When I tried to run the SQL admin tool in the XAMPP startup screen, I got a similar issue. I believe it is directly caused by it (Apache?) continuing to try to connect to my password protected version of MySQL running on port 3306. Since I did not supply it with a password for "root", it will not connect.
MJBpower

Operating System: windows 7 pro

Re: phpmyadmin error

Postby JonB » 22. March 2013 13:45

If you made MySQL a service, it may be still running. Look in the Windows service manager and get the properties of the executable.

Good Luck
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows