XAMPP Access forbidden

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP Access forbidden

Postby cornelombaard » 07. March 2013 07:21

Hi

I am trying to access phpmyadmin under XAMPP. I have started the service and I can access websites on the localhost no problem but when I try ad access phpmyadmin I get an Access forbidden error.

Please can someone help me with this whole permission thing and users of a group as I always seem to run into the problem on my hosting server as well.

Any help is appreciated

Regards
Corne
cornelombaard

Operating System: Linux

Re: XAMPP Access forbidden

Postby Nobbie » 07. March 2013 12:03

cornelombaard wrote:but when I try ad access phpmyadmin I get an Access forbidden error.

Would you please tell us the fully qualified error message, as well please tell us, how you tried to start phpmyadmin.

cornelombaard wrote:Please can someone help me with this whole permission thing and users of a group as I always seem to run into the problem on my hosting server as well.

No, this is not right place to teach you how linux permissions are working (there are plenty of tutorials and books out there). Anyway, I am not sure if this problem is a linux permission problem (as for the moment we have a bad error description).
Nobbie

Re: XAMPP Access forbidden

Postby JonB » 07. March 2013 15:57

What we need now is:

The exact URL you used to try to access phpMyAdmin

and - the exact Error Message you receieved

Also look at this post:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=50902

next to last reply...

:)
JonB
AF Moderator