Please Help! Windows 8 and Apache

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Please Help! Windows 8 and Apache

Postby RussellCAdams » 13. February 2013 04:03

Ok. I have started a lesson on Udemy to learn how to build wordpress websites and blogs. I have finished the photoshop and illustrator tutorials and have my design done. The next step is downloading XAMPP and moving on with the install of wordpress. However, the videos do not show how to do it on Windows 8. I have read pretty much every topic on this forum and have researched online on various other sites and I can't fix the problem.

When I start up the XAMPP 1.8.1 Control Panel it shows the Apache and MySQL checkboxs as checked. Apache shows nothing for the PID or the Port. MySQL shows 9024 for PID and 3306 for Port.

I then click start on Apache and it says

Attempting to Start

Then shows System Code Error 5

Then the control panel is forced to close.

I've gone to the Config section and then to the Service and Port Settings inside that. The Apache 2.4 is on Main Port 80 and SSL Port 443. I've read other topics and have tried changing the Main Port to Port 81 and Port 8080. Also tried changing SSL Port to 444 like I read somewhere. Nothing has worked.

Please help me fix this. Please try to describe in good detail how to fix it. With step by step directions please. I am new to this so I need your help.

Thanks,
Russell Adams
RussellCAdams

Operating System: Windows 8

Re: Please Help! Windows 8 and Apache

Postby RussellCAdams » 18. February 2013 03:29

Bump. I still can't get it to work. Anybody out there that can give me some advice how to get it to work?

Thanks
RussellCAdams

Operating System: Windows 8

Re: Please Help! Windows 8 and Apache

Postby JonB » 18. February 2013 18:20

A. Did you check both Ports 80 AND 443?

B. Did you start the Control Panel with 'Run as Administrator'?

8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows