Not Sure if I'm Having Trouble with Apache or Simple PHP

Alles, was PHP betrifft, kann hier besprochen werden.

Not Sure if I'm Having Trouble with Apache or Simple PHP

Postby youradrenalinefix » 15. January 2013 10:40

Hi everyone,

This is my 2nd topic Ive wrote about here. The 1st was welcomed with lots of great help which I am very appreciative of and I thank you all very much. Now I've got another issue that is stumping me:

I'm a newbie and Im watching a series of PHP tutorials and working through each example on my localhost with the thanks going to xampp but I'm having trouble now. although please note: All other tutorials are working properly while using xampp.

For example: In this tutorial: http://thenewboston.org/watch.php?cat=11&number=82

I have done everything exactly as illustrated (see MY code below)

Code: Select all
<?php
//Tut 82 & 83 File Handling: Listing Files 
echo '<strong>Tut 82 & 83 File Handling: Listing Files</strong><br><br>';
$directory = 'testing';

if ($handle = opendir($directory.'/')){
   echo 'Looking Inside Directory \''.$directory.'\':<br>';
   while ($file = readdir($handle)){
      echo $file.'<br>';

}
}

?>

The problem is that I have a folder called testing inside my alias folder(where all the other tutorials have been working) but now I get the following errors:

Warning: opendir(testing/,testing/): The system cannot find the file specified. (code: 2) in obscuredforsecurity/testing\tut82-83.php on line 6

Warning: opendir(testing/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in obscuredforsecurity\testing\tut82-83.php on line 6
What baffles me is why is it saying: Warning: opendir(testing/,testing/): ?? I never specified testing/,testing/. Why it doesn't just say: Warning: opendir(testing/): is beyond me as I only specified the folder testing ONCE.

The thing is that I've checked and double checked my file paths and the works but nothing seems to work

If anyone wouldn't mind setting me straight here, I'd be most appreciative and I thank you all once again.
youradrenalinefix

Operating System: Windows Home XP

Re: Not Sure if I'm Having Trouble with Apache or Simple PHP

Postby youradrenalinefix » 15. January 2013 20:13

Anyone?

I even tried this code "live" on my site and it's not working. If anyone could spot what's wrong here I'd be most appreciative!!
youradrenalinefix

Operating System: Windows Home XP

Re: Not Sure if I'm Having Trouble with Apache or Simple PHP

Postby glitzi85 » 16. January 2013 08:56

Hi,

if i read the error message correct, the php file is at this place:
obscuredforsecurity\testing\tut82-83.php

so this folder MUST exist:
obscuredforsecurity\testing\testing\

You are referring to the folder testing inside the folder where your php file is.

mfg glitzi
glitzi85

Return to PHP