Apache sending lots of bytes and crashing the PC

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Apache sending lots of bytes and crashing the PC

Postby zani123 » 22. December 2012 01:56

Hello. I have a Windows XP Semi-dedicated PC and I recently installed Xampp 1.7.7 in the folder of my old Xampp 1.3.3 (and therefore substituting the old archives).. I just kept the htdocs and mysql folder because of the website + database. However, after I've done that, some days ago everytime I started xampp, after a moment the internet of the computer starts to crash (and therefore closing the remote connection between my computer and the semi-dedicated). Then I realized it usually happens when I start apache. I checked my connection, and the "sending" bytes were increasing very fast while the "receiving" bytes were normal.

I don't know what to do now, I don't understand a lot about xampp, I need some help guys. I tried to reinstall other versions of the xampp like 1.7.3 again, 1.7.6, 1.8.0, 1.8.1 but everytime I install any version, and substitute the htdocs plus the mysql folder for my old htdocs + mysql folders, and I turn on the apache, the internet starts to crash again and the 'sending bytes' of my internet start to increase very quickly. So what I know is that the problem is probably in that mysql folder (something might have been crashed), however I can not delete that folder otherwise I would lost all the accounts of my game. (I host a game-server).

I am very disappointed with this, please if someone could help me, I would be very thankful.
Thanks, Zani.
zani123

Operating System: Windows XP / Windows 2003

Return to XAMPP for Windows