Not able to connect to phpMyAdmin

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Not able to connect to phpMyAdmin

Postby Grafica » 14. December 2012 10:29

Hi: I'm running Control Panel version 3.0.12. I was able to connect to phpMyAdmin previously, but the last time I connected successfully was several months ago, and I don't remember if I made changes that would have affected my connection. (BTW, now I'm using a public wifi connection, whereas before, it was my own wifi.) When I went to localhost/phpmyadmin, I got the message, "phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server." Here's what I did, but I'm still not able to connect:
- In config.inc.php, changed from true to false: $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false;
- Changed password here: http://localhost/security/xamppsecurity.php
- In resetroot.bat, typed new password where it says 'password': echo REPLACE INTO user VALUES ('localhost', 'pma', 'password', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, '', ''); >>resetroot.sql
- Restarted apache and mySQL

I still get the same error message.

Thanks in advance!
Grafica

Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, 32 bit

Return to XAMPP for Windows