Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.
I have restored existing wordpress website to local server system itself using xampp, i want to take the local website to live site with the different domain name.
i have files in server system i want to change the site url , i have edited site url in wp-options but it is showing while screen nothing else displayed.
I want to take the localhost to live site please help me out , my apache on port 8080.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 03. December 2012 11:48
- XAMPP Version: 5.6.3
- Operating System: windows 2008 server R2
well from XAMPP side of view this is very easy:
- Take all of your sourcefiles from htdocs you want to bring live
- upload them to your live host
- export your local database
- reimport it on your live database
- change all the application configurations in the configuration files and/or the database so that all fits with your live server (database login, url, etc)
The last point is the critical one, but because this is a pure wordpress issue, we can't give you any support for this.
We don't provide any support via personal channels like PM, email, Skype, TeamViewer!It's like porn for programmers
- AF Moderator
- Posts: 6830
- Joined: 17. August 2009 13:05
- XAMPP Version: 5.5.19
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
Return to XAMPP for Windows
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests