Wordpress not loading

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Wordpress not loading

Postby jshaba » 30. November 2012 03:39

Hey Guys, im new to XAMPP. Ive tried searching for this error but havent had any luck.

Im looking to use just for offline wordpress theme testing and development.

Anyway im running XAMPP 1.8.1 with Windows 7

I successfully installed wordpress (on http://localhost/wordpress) and i was installing and configuring themes, then out of nowhere wordpress stopped loading. It was just spin and spin.

Http://localhost works fine but http://localhost/wordpress does not load. So i made a new database in phpmyadmin and deleted the old one and seemed to fix it but once again after 15 mins of using wordpress it would just stop loading. Keeps spinning then times out to a blank screen.

Ive noticed that when idle the apache server shows its using ports 80,443 but when i try to access my wordpress they change to different ports (44591,44592) were the ports last time i tried and as soon as it times out it goes back to 80, 443

Ive tried manually changing the apache ports and trying to access wordpress that way but no luck.

Does anyone have any idea? Thanks
jshaba

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Wordpress not loading

Postby Nobbie » 01. December 2012 23:41

Nobbie

Postby jshaba » 02. December 2012 23:02

Yeah thanks, real helpful.

This is not a wordpress issue.

The fact that wordpress isnt loading at all suggests its an XAMPP issue. So if you have nothing helpful to say then beat it.
jshaba

Postby JJ_Tagy » 03. December 2012 01:55

How is it not? What errors indicate an xampp issue? If you're only adding themes and not changing xampp settings, that suggests a wordpress issue.

Perhaps some of the themes aren't ready for PHP 5.4.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby jshaba » 03. December 2012 22:49

Forget about the theme, that was stating that i had funcionality with wordpress and xampp before the issue.

I was accessing localhost/wordpress with any issues
Now it doesnt work

If i create a new xampp database and install wordpress it works for a short time then the same thing happens. This suggests it has something to do with XAMPP. Whether it be database or another aspect of it.
jshaba

Postby Nobbie » 03. December 2012 23:14

jshaba wrote:This suggests it has something to do with XAMPP. Whether it be database or another aspect of it.

Why?

So you think, all program, all scripts are not loading after some days? Because there is a general Xampp Bug?

Never heard about that.
Nobbie

Postby JonB » 04. December 2012 14:24

I can say one thing - I run many, many WordPress sites on XAMPP servers, both on Linux and Windows. There is no reason they should not run correctly other than configuration problems or in some limited cases, the PHP version choice. The choices/option are no different for XAMPP than standalone Apache & MySQL - they all come from the same source code. So it all goes to configuration issues in 90% of the cases of an 'issue'.

2 Questions:

A. Did you install clean, then import, then install all teh plugins themes etc, or did you use some other methods?

B. After installing, did you change the WordPress URL's in the dashboard to fixed IP's or Domain names? If you did that, you need entries made in the hosts file.

Good Luck
:)

ysf
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows