Port 3306 clash

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Port 3306 clash

Postby kirwood » 27. October 2012 12:14

Hi Forum Members, :?:
I am using windows 7 and xampp 1.8. I have two folders,
c:/xampp/mysql and c:/xampp/mysql_old,
both pointing to port 3306 and causing a conflict. The old folder is from an earlier installation and contains data bases I want to use. I have copied the datafiles from mysql_old/data to mysql/data.
Xampp control panel tells me there is a conflict.
I can see the conflict in Windows Firewall Advanced Security but I cannot find a way to remove the mysql_old from the port
If someone could explain how to point port 3306 to the correct path that would be great.
Thank you.
Davvid P
kirwood

Operating System: Windows 8 64bit

Re: Port 3306 clash

Postby Nobbie » 27. October 2012 22:16

kirwood wrote:I can see the conflict in Windows Firewall Advanced Security but I cannot find a way to remove the mysql_old from the port

There is no relationship between "Paths" and "Ports".

TCP/IP Applications use Ports for talking to each other. On one IP and Port only one application can listen. If there are two or more applications trying to listen on the same IP and Port, they will collide. Please provide us full information about the "conflict" you see in Windows Firewall.

By the way: a Firewall does NOT provide information about dublicate use of ports. The Windows TPC/IP driver will give an error message (and/or the applications will give an error message). You*re description is not sufficient and quite confusing.
Nobbie

Re: Port 3306 clash

Postby op.3no.2 » 29. November 2012 17:22

Hi. I'm having a similar problem. I just installed xampp have have this error message:
10:48:42 AM [mysql] Problem detected!
10:48:42 AM [mysql] Port 3306 in use by "mysqld.exe"!
10:48:42 AM [mysql] MySQL WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
10:48:42 AM [mysql] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
10:48:42 AM [mysql] or reconfigure MySQL to listen on a different port

How do I reconfigure mysql to listen on a different port?
op.3no.2

Operating System: windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows