MySQL Problem

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySQL Problem

Postby ninja927 » 13. November 2012 08:33

First, I'm going to say that this is all new to me and I don't understand anything so please explain this to me like you would explain how gravity works to a 2 year old. (I did all I've done through a youtube video. I'm trying to make my own MediaWiki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCOUfuMWAfc&feature=related)

This is what happened: I downloaded xampp fine and I clicked start on Apache and MySQL -> click admin on MySQL -> users privileges -> click the green guy on localhost, no password, all privileges, grant yes one -> went down and typed in a new password -> clicked go -> then it errored out and gives me the same message every time I click admin.

"Access denied"
Error
MySQL said:
cannot connect: invalid settings.
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

How do I restart this program so I can try to make a password again? I've already tried to uninstall and reinstall but didn't work. Help Please!
ninja927

Operating System: Windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows