Xampp stop work and print error after I install no-ip client

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp stop work and print error after I install no-ip client

Postby footroot » 18. September 2012 19:55

Hello everybody, first I have to say is, Sorry about my english, maybe some details are not understanded by my low level of english so, please keep patience with me, ok?
Thank you to every one wich post some idea to help.

Ok, My problem is that Xampp stoped after one day I had configured it. So I was installed I think is the version 1.7.4, I was instaled, and configured everything, I had some trouble with PHPMyAdmin, by the chmod of the folder /opt/lampp/htdocs and the file config.inc.php.
After configure everything, Xampp works fine I install no-ip client to get a name server and everything works ok. But after one day working to test the server, my wireless card stoped, I though it was the problem, so I changed it today, I had some problem to do it work. At last I started the wifi. but xampp don't start at all.
Xampp print the next error
Starting XAMPP for Linux 1.7.4...
XAMPP: Starting Apache...
XAMPP: Error 1! Couldn't start Apache!
XAMPP: Starting diagnose...
XAMPP: Sorry, I've no idea what's going wrong.
XAMPP: Please contact our forum http://community.apachefriends.org/f/
XAMPP: XAMPP-MySQL is already running.
XAMPP: Starting ProFTPD...
XAMPP for Linux started.

Any Idea. please if somethig is not clear enought ask me and I will try to explain better.
Thank you again
footroot

Operating System: Kubuntu Linux

Re: Xampp stop work and print error after I install no-ip cl

Postby JonB » 20. September 2012 14:51

I would begin by removing the no-ip client and seeing if XAMPP/lampp goes back to working.

Good Luck
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby kimmy » 22. September 2012 13:01

On a side note would you have teamviewer installed ?

If so open teamviewer then click the options tab and then advanced scroll down and tick do not use port 80and 433.

It may have nothing to do with your problem but as you described it i had the same problem xammp worked good until i ran teamviewer and team viewer took over the ports hence the Apache cant start with out a port.
kimmy

Operating System: unity 64bit

Postby JonB » 24. September 2012 02:37

That's a good tip kimmy, and not something often thought about on Linux

Thanks
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby footroot » 24. September 2012 10:02

Hi, guys,
Sorry kimmy, I don't know what teamviewer is.
Where sould be installed it in case it was installed?
Is teamviewer something that is installed whit no-ip client or something about XAMPP?

I was installed no-ip client downloading the tar.gz file, unziping it in a folder adn with MAKE and MAKE INSTALL. How I should uninstall it?
I'm still searching for solutions in the net without fine result. Somebody knows about a good tutorial about XAMPP installation and DNS server?
something without words like "open the NAT PORTS TO GET SERVER in your microrouter XAMPP and get DNSprofile" Knows you what I mean?

Thank you so much guys.
I will search in the net for this TEAMVIEWER that you say kimmy.
footroot

Postby footroot » 24. September 2012 10:40

Hi again,
I'd looking for this teamviewer kimmy said, and I think I know what it mean. that's somethig to share the pc into the lan, isn't it?
well, by the references I saw in this 10 minutes. If is this, hummmm, I don't remember to open any application like vnc, desktop share or something like it, but I saw something that before I didn't repaired in.
In applications-> Settings before I install the no-ip client I had only two things; APPER and System Settings. And now I have Users and Groups too.
I opened this thing and is an interface with the users I created. I only create one with admin privileges, I know I shoudn't, but I did. And now I have another user with the same name and GROUP web. Could be this the problem?

I hope my english be explicit enought.

Thanks
footroot

Return to XAMPP for Linux