solved - networked connection timeout

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

solved - networked connection timeout

Postby PaulC2K » 19. January 2012 12:08

I'm having problems connecting xampp from another computer on the network, i havent used xampp for a few months now and just installed 1.7.7 and got it up and running, but i cant connect via the machine i plan to be working from.
Im certain its a xampp security setting, but i dont appear to be able to work around it in httpd-xampp.conf which i believe is the right place to start.

I should point out, its a connection time out, not an xampp message. Also, im currently able to connect to other browser-apps on different ports, so it shouldnt be an issue with connecting to the machine either.
Port 80/443 is clear, i've made changes and restarted apache and its come back fine, but while im able to access xampp locally, i cant on the workstation.

My understanding of the whole apache/mysql etc installation & setup is extremely limited, and i've never needed to tweak much in the past (vhosts, thats it, and thats working locally), but from what i can tell it isnt even hitting the xampp security check within httpd-xampp.conf, as i would expect to see an xampp forbidden page, from what i can work out. Im installed on WHS2011, i've used teamviewer via port 80, and disabled that option (httpd.exe is using 80), so i cant imagine the OS is blocking its use because until a few hours ago i was using it frequently. So im now at a loss as to how to proceed with things.

I've tried connecting via machine name, ip, and both + :80, it just times out. Other apps work, yet i cant see xampp.
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue?
Last edited by PaulC2K on 15. September 2012 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
PaulC2K

XAMPP version: PHP 7.4.27
Operating System: Win10

Re: networked connection timeout

Postby Sharley » 19. January 2012 12:12

Hello, and welcome back.
Would you be so kind as to add your XAMPP version and Operating System to your profile as per these instructions and explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48626
Thanks. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby PaulC2K » 19. January 2012 12:14

done :) (profile update, not problem)
PaulC2K

Postby bj.simpson7 » 30. April 2012 21:59

Did you ever figure out a solution to this problem? I am having the exact same problem. Thanks!
bj.simpson7

Operating System: Windows 7

Postby PaulC2K » 15. September 2012 22:09

bj.simpson7 wrote:Did you ever figure out a solution to this problem? I am having the exact same problem. Thanks!

Didnt get a msg saying i had a reply, sorry.

Some months too late, but yes i did figure it out.... but im back now because it seems whatever the fix must have been, it wasnt within the xampp files because i've just had to go back to an OS state from late '11 and after getting xampp up and running again perfectly on that machine, its not working on my w7 workstation. The xampp files are on a separate drive so unharmed, and now i need to figure out what i must have done previously.

So, back at you... did YOU ever figure out a solution, and remember it, unlike me :D :oops:
PaulC2K

Postby PaulC2K » 15. September 2012 22:25

figured it out, it was the firewall on the server. Once i gave the httpd.exe the greenlight to be open to local ports it was fine. I hadnt thought that it'd be an issue.
PaulC2K

Return to XAMPP for Windows