XAMPP + MOODLE

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP + MOODLE

Postby cafsilva » 09. August 2012 21:56

Please, how I compile php with '- enable-zip' and '- with-xmlrpc' ?

(Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit AND Moodle 2.3.1).

thanks.
cafsilva

Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04

Re: XAMPP + MOODLE

Postby Kristian Marcroft » 12. August 2012 00:32

Hi,

XAMPP for Linux already has these options set.
Are you sure you are using the right php binary?
It should be /opt/lammp/bin/php

Regards,
Kristian
Kristian Marcroft
AF Moderator

Postby cafsilva » 12. August 2012 17:33

Hi Kristian,

localhost/xampp/phpinfo():

'./configure' '--prefix=/opt/lampp' '--with-apxs2=/opt/lampp/bin/apxs' '--with-config-file-path=/opt/lampp/etc' '--with-mysql=mysqlnd' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--disable-debug' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ctype' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-shmop' '--disable-sigchild' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-wddx' '--with-gdbm=/opt/lampp' '--with-jpeg-dir=/opt/lampp' '--with-png-dir=/opt/lampp' '--with-freetype-dir=/opt/lampp' '--with-zlib=yes' '--with-zlib-dir=/opt/lampp' '--with-openssl=/opt/lampp' '--with-xsl=/opt/lampp' '--with-ldap=/opt/lampp' '--with-gd' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-imap=/opt/lampp' '--with-gettext=/opt/lampp' '--with-mssql=/opt/lampp' '--with-sybase-ct=/opt/lampp' '--with-interbase=shared,/opt/interbase' '--with-mysql-sock=/opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-oci8=shared,instantclient,/opt/lampp/lib/instantclient' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/lampp' '--with-mhash=/opt/lampp' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-mbstring=all' '--with-curl=/opt/lampp' '--enable-mbregex' '--enable-zend-multibyte' '--enable-exif' '--with-bz2=/opt/lampp' '--with-sqlite=shared,/opt/lampp' '--with-sqlite3=/opt/lampp' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/lampp' '--enable-soap' '--enable-pcntl' '--with-mysqli=mysqlnd' '--with-pgsql=shared,/opt/lampp/postgresql' '--with-iconv' '--with-pdo-mysql=mysqlnd' '--with-pdo-pgsql=/opt/lampp/postgresql' '--with-pdo-sqlite' '--enable-intl' '--with-icu-dir=/opt/lampp' '--enable-fileinfo' '--enable-phar' .

No '-- enable-zip' and '-- with-xmlrpc' . :(
The Moodle also does the same warning.
Can you help me?

Regards,
Carlos.
cafsilva

Postby greglind » 15. September 2012 14:07

It looks like zip.so is missing after 1.7.7. I am using 1.8.0 and my old Moodle installations will no longer back up and I can't install any new instances of moodle.

I don't know if this is on purpose or if it's an oversight. I hope it's an oversight that gets resolved in 1.8.1.

See this thread, especially after the 3rd or 4th post:
http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=51416
greglind

Operating System: CentOS 5.8

Postby cafsilva » 15. September 2012 16:19

Thanks greglind.

I've solved the problem.

See link: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP

Regards,
Carlos.
cafsilva

Postby greglind » 15. September 2012 16:32

If I understand correctly, you solved the problem by not using Xampp and configuring your own LAMP solution. That's cool, but I'm still wondering if this issue will be solved within Xampp. Otherwise I'll have to do the same, though I've been using Xampp for six or seven years and would prefer to keep using it.
greglind

Operating System: CentOS 5.8

Return to XAMPP for Linux