XAMPP Version 1.8.0 USB Lite {Resolved]

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP Version 1.8.0 USB Lite {Resolved]

Postby Frédéric » 01. September 2012 12:39

Good afternoon,

I use the launcher from http://portableapps.com/apps/development/xampp and XAMPP version 1.8.0 USB Lite.
The application opens correctly (run as administrator) and in the control panel (Version 3.0.12)I'm able to see the different services (Apache, MySQL...), but I'm not able to start Apache or MySQL services. They start and stop immediatly.

My operating system is Windows 7 with service pack 1 with all the latest updates, I also install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable X86 v9.0.30729 as mentionned in the forum. But still the same situation :cry: .

If someone could help I woul appreciate. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or replies.

Nice day. Regards. :wink:
Frédéric

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Re: XAMPP Version 1.8.0 USB Lite

Postby JonB » 01. September 2012 16:37

I think the problem is that you can't run services from removable drives -- think about it for a minute and you will 'get it'. (I am guessing that you have actually installed XAMPP on a USB stick). You might be able to fix it by making it a persistent device, but I don't know what the "MS approved" procedure for that is nowadays.

Try this fix:
http://www.ehow.com/how_7242153_set-dri ... drive.html

Look in the error logs. What are the errors you are getting? That would be indicative of whether or not I am correct, and a great assistance in troubleshooting.

Good Luck
:)

ysf
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby Frédéric » 01. September 2012 16:55

Thanks for replying so quickly, problem is fixed and everything is working on USB stick. I installed the latest version of Vbulletin (for presentation purpose to my boss) and that's OK. Have a great week end. :D . Bye.
Frédéric

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Postby JonB » 02. September 2012 02:52

Great - glad it is working...

8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows