You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Mon 13 Aug 2012 07:02:33 PM PDT
Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/1.0.0c PHP/5.3.8 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.5 Perl/v5.10.1
My Set up:
- VirtualBox on a Windows 7 Pro
- GuestOS: CentOS 6.3
- Lampp 1.7.7 in /opt/lampp
- Installed Virtualbox Guest Addons (includes the shared folder feature)
- My share is on /media/sf_PHP_Workspace
- The files in it have permissions that are stuck as -rwxrwx---. 1 root vboxsf 9 Aug 12 00:22 index.html and I can't seem to change that...
- I symlink that folder to /opt/lampp/htdocs/PHP so I can view them at http://localhost/PHP
- Note: http://localhost/xampp works fine
- Only http://localhost/PHP gives Error 403
Here is my end goal:
1- Create a virtual linux web server with VirtualBox + CentOS
2- On my Host PC, edit my PHP & HTML files with eclipse in a workspace directory that is shared with my Guest OS
3- Symlink that shared folder to a spot in my /opt/lampp/htdocs folder
4- Be able to view my progress on any computer in my LAN with http://192.168.1.X/MyPage
I have done #1 and #4, partial #2 and #3. I just can't set the permissions right.
Oh, and chmod doesn't do anything. Even tried 777. It doesn't edit the files or folders at all... It stays at 755 (I believe its 755) As an aside, at my work computer where I use VMWare Player, each file has 777 on them. Appreciate any help!