phpMyAdmin Error

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpMyAdmin Error

Postby tyr111 » 23. December 2009 15:35

Hi I have problem with my XAMPP. I dont know why, i cannot open my phpMyAdmin till Yesterday.
Chyba
SQL dopyt:

SHOW PLUGINS

MySQL hlási:

#1 - Can't create/write to file '/var/folders/M9/M9UN83rTG+WwWBL-nHXrH++++TI/-Tmp-/#sql211d_7_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)
(Slovak version)
Can you help me please. I dont want to reinstall XAMPP because of many scripts i have there.

(Sorry for my english)
tyr111

Re: phpMyAdmin Error

Postby tyr111 » 23. December 2009 21:12

Yeaaaaah perfect support :twisted: BUT OK S O L V E D.
Open your terminal and:
Code: Select all
sudo /Applications/XAMPP/xampfiles/xampp fix_rights
tyr111

Postby freeportgreuel » 31. January 2010 04:08

I had this same problem. I would reinstall XAMPP and be able to get to phpMyAdmin. Since everything was working fine, I would install my website files under /htdocs and then set the XAMPP folder to 777 for my website to have rights to write to its own files. As soon as I did this then phpMyAdmin would start with the issue. If you check your error log found in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/var/mysql you probably see something like this:
Warning: World-writable config file '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc/my.cnf' is ignored

It turns out the my.cnf file does not like the world to write to it and needs to have permissions of 600 set. Once this is done phpMyAdmin is all happy.
freeportgreuel

Postby traq » 15. August 2010 05:17

freeportgreuel wrote:I had this same problem...
It turns out the my.cnf file does not like the world to write to it and needs to have permissions of 600 set. Once this is done phpMyAdmin is all happy.

geez, that answer was hard to find. thanks so much!
traq

Postby philospherdog » 15. July 2012 00:31

Wow. Not sure if I would have found the solution to this without this post. The whole file permissions issue with xampp and os x is enough to make you pull your hair out.
philospherdog

Operating System: lion

Return to XAMPP for macOS