cli stopped?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

cli stopped?

Postby bartt » 13. June 2012 19:17

I did a search and got nothing back so here goes..
Standard install 1.7.7. Everything seems to run fine, for a while...
I have an ajax php based app that runs a command line php app as a listener for UDP packets, and writes the massaged data to a local mysqp DB. There is a separate php UI that reads the DB and some shared memory objects to display the data. The listener runs for about 8 hours then I get a popup stating that the "CLI Stopped" and the listener is now dead. It runs fine again if I manually restart it. This appears to be an old issue (from the research I've done via google) regarding some php ext files. I've tried following the advise in the old (2007) "cures" and nothing would run. Re-installed xampp and got things working again, but the cli stopped error still comes up. :(
Can anyone shed any light on this problem?
Do I need to install php separately to get passed this issue?
Thanks in advance..
bartt

Operating System: ubuntu win7 win8

Re: cli stopped?

Postby bartt » 15. June 2012 18:53

No one..?
Come on guys I can't be the only one seeing this..
Please, if you have an idea let me know..
bartt

Operating System: ubuntu win7 win8

Re: cli stopped?

Postby JonB » 18. June 2012 14:42

Well, sure you can be the only one. CLI PHP is not a usual method for most developers.

We have no idea what you are running - REALLY

"I have an ajax php based app that runs a command line php app as a listener for UDP packets, and writes the massaged data to a local mysqp DB. There is a separate php UI that reads the DB and some shared memory objects to display the data."

You don't say what the 'old advice was' nor do you mention who wrote this, what the actual code is or much else.

My guess based on length of time IT RUNS - memory leak. In reality, there no way to second guess other people's code.

Good Luck.
8)

ysfpds
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows