set mysql root password, now nothing works

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

set mysql root password, now nothing works

Postby true2self » 06. June 2012 19:37

My issue is that since I set my mysql root password, I can not connect to my localhost database, nor log onto phpmyadmin.

I followed this tutorial http://youtu.be/BPjpRzdrug8 and at the very last step to log back in, nothing works. I've tried connecting to the database using 127.0.0.1 and localhost as the host and still nothing.

in phpmyadmin/config.inc.php set passwords for $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] and $cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] - no luck
restarted computer - no luck

I did recently deleted everything from my cache folder per Apple Support because my system was running slow. Would that matter?
true2self

Operating System: OSX

Re: set mysql root password, now nothing works

Postby JonB » 06. June 2012 19:53

Look in your xampp/mampp for a 'reset_root' script (I don't have a Mac so I can't tell you it is there for sure)

Failing that use the MySQL Command Line option (should work with nay version of MySQL)
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/ ... sions.html

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby true2self » 06. June 2012 20:12

Thanks. But I just ended up uninstalling XAMPP and reintalling. And everything works fine. I made sure to set the root password before I did anything else just in case it failed again.
true2self

Operating System: OSX

Postby JonB » 07. June 2012 14:26

Glad you got working again. Can I suggest creating a 'backup' regularly as well???

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for macOS