I am confused

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

I am confused

Postby akivivi » 28. May 2012 10:45

Hi,

I would like to know how to COnfigure mySQL service in XAMPP. I have installed and able to use apache service and bring up the database table in Phpmyadmin however, mySQL service to bring up Phpmyadmin im unable to do so cos the 'admin' button is not working or something is wrong with mySQL service installed.

Anyone can help me on this? When I check phpmyadmin, it says MySQL connection error. And if I uninstall XAMPP because I can't use it fully with mysql, why is it there's folder and files not able to remove completely. There's folder like apache still in it and said "can't remove due to file being used and open in other program." Can I remove it completely so I can use other like WAMP Server. Thanks.

Regards, Su
akivivi

Operating System: Windows Vista

Re: I am confused

Postby JonB » 29. May 2012 13:57

however, mySQL service to bring up Phpmyadmin im unable to do so cos the 'admin' button is not working or something is wrong with mySQL service installed.

read this:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=50631

As to the rest, I'm confused - do you want to un-install XAMPP or make it work? :shock:

If you want to uninstall it, perhaps you should stop Apache as a service first? (ditto MySQL and/or FileZilla)

Good Luck
8)

ysssf
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows