Can not star phpMyAdmin

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Can not star phpMyAdmin

Postby sketman » 02. April 2012 19:38

Hello!
I have installed your excellent XAMPP server. I plan to use it together with Zend server, where I am basically using Apache of Zend server and database of XAMPP. I was able to set it all up running, except of phpmydmin. Each time I try to get into phpmyadmin I get following error: "Not Found. The requested URL /phpmyadmin/ was not found on this server." Everything else runs just fine, including mysql. I am able, for example, to install and run Joomla!, where installation script creates the database itself. However I am not able to install Drupal, because I can not create the database in phpmyadmin.
I am using the older version of Control panel, however I tryed also new XAMPP Control Panel Version 3.

I was searching this forum and tryed almost every advice I found here, but with no luck.
Could you please help me to solve my issue?
Thnks in advance!
sketman

Operating System: Windows XP

Re: Can not star phpMyAdmin

Postby hackattack142 » 02. April 2012 22:20

In short, phpMyAdmin is a website hosted under Apache and is not part of MySQL. If you are not using the Apache that comes with XAMPP and did not install phpMyAdmin for your other Apache then you will not be able to access it.
XAMPP Control Panel Developer
Latest CP: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48932
hackattack142

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Re: Can not star phpMyAdmin

Postby sketman » 03. April 2012 08:21

Hi hackattack142,
Thanks for your answer.
I followed this post http://drupal.org/node/348202#comment-3349704 . The goal is to speed up Drupal site running in XAMPP server by using combination of Zend and Xamp servers. These guys succeded with a very good results. Mee too, the only problem I have is the phpmyadmin. I am not able to make it run....
I onstalled the XAMPP full packge, where phpmyadmin is included. When phpmyadmin did not work, I nstalled it also through Zend installer, because I am using Apache of Zend server. But still no luck..
sketman

Operating System: Windows XP

Return to XAMPP for Windows