phpMyAdmin access problems [Solved]

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpMyAdmin access problems [Solved]

Postby j_arrondelle » 05. March 2012 16:53

Please help! I've just installed the Xampp Version 1.7.7 and all seems fine, except that I can not access phpMyAdmin in the regular way. If I try to click a link from the control panel or home page I get

Error
MySQL said:
#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)
Invalid server index: 0
Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.
Current Server: localhost (root)

However, if I type "127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin/" directly into the browser bar, I can log in fine. I've not set any passwords, done only the minimum configuration etc.

I've been bashing away at this for days, and this is as close as I've got to getting it to work; please someone tell me that there is just a minor adjustment to make somewhere to get this to work correctly!!
j_arrondelle

Operating System: Windows7 64bit

Re: phpMyAdmin access problems

Postby Sharley » 05. March 2012 22:13

Two possible things to look for:

1. Edit the \xampp\mysql\bin\my.ini file and remove the # character from in front of this line so it looks like this
Code: Select all
bind-address="127.0.0.1"

2. Open C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\HOSTS file by dragging it into an open text editor page.
Check that you have the following line as the first line after all the commented lines
Code: Select all
127.0.0.1 localhost
There should only be one of these entries and it is best placed as the first line.

If you have to edit the above files make sure you save them and then restart Apache and MySQL.

Good luck. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: phpMyAdmin access problems

Postby j_arrondelle » 05. March 2012 23:36

Many Thanks for taking the time to reply, I had already tried your suggestion as I'd found it in another post; I think it got me as far as it did!!

However, since posting this, I've done a directory clean, re-booted and now things are working fine!! Sometimes things may just need a good old clean-out!! Also changed "config" to "cookie" in the phpMyAdmin config file, which was another suggestion I found in one of these posts....I've been bashing at it for so long I'm just pleased it's now working!

Once again, Thank You for the help, most appreciated.
j_arrondelle

Operating System: Windows7 64bit

Return to XAMPP for Windows