phpmyadmin error cannot start session without errors

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: phpmyadmin error cannot start session without errors

Postby WebEnthusiaX » 05. March 2012 06:33

I also encountered the same error message "cannot start session without errors", but before i reach to this point i noticed that on my "localhost/phpmyadmin/index.php" it displays a message "Cookies must be enabled past this point."(maybe this will add info) well, i checked the file "/xampp/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php" and i remember i already changed "config" to "cookie". then, i restart my xampp and still it wont work.

anyone please! thanks.
WebEnthusiaX

Operating System: Windows 7

Postby karonterrier » 05. March 2012 16:41

There are things going on here that we humans don't know about... nor can we fix.
I go an email from someone who said in the next revision of xampp (1.7.8)these issues may be addressed(fixed). I'll have to see it to believe it but we can always hope.

Robert
karonterrier

Postby hackattack142 » 06. March 2012 01:30

I am at a loss for what your issue might be. You could try posting the contents of your "config.inc.php" file between code tags and see if there is anything strange about it.

To the other person, if you are getting messages to enable cookies, you check your browser settings to ensure that you are allowing them. If 'config' and 'cookie' options are not working for you, you could try 'http' and see if that makes a difference.

If you suspect the next version will fix your issues, you could download the beta and test that theory: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-beta.html
XAMPP Control Panel Developer
Latest CP: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48932
hackattack142

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Postby Suadom » 18. April 2012 21:30

"cannot start session without errors"

Remove cookies and restart browse. The error will be gone.
Suadom

Operating System: windows

Previous

Return to XAMPP for Windows