Cannot get MySQL, Apache, and PHP to play nice together

Alles, was den Apache betrifft, kann hier besprochen werden.

Cannot get MySQL, Apache, and PHP to play nice together

Postby todddyer » 04. March 2012 20:01

Howdy all,

I am having problems getting my Apache / PHP / MySQL to work properly together. I will describe the problem and then puke out all the versions and specs at the end.

My current installation of each of these soaftware versions works fine in isolation and even in some cases with 2/3 playing together. I can fire up MySQL and play with my database with no problems. My PHP scripts will run while I have Apache going provided I have one of two conditions met.

1) comment out LoadModule php5_module “c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll” in the httpt.conf file for Apache.

or

2) Keep 1) uncommented and comment out extension=php_mysql.dll in my php.ini file

If I try to keep both paths uncommented in each of these files to get all 3 softwares to party together, then my Apache will not start properly. I get a distinct error the first time followed by a different error perpetually after each try:

error 1 from Apache error log:

[Sat Mar 03 22:35:18 2012] [crit] (OS 1813)The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file. : master_main: create child process failed. Exiting.

error 2 (perpetually) from Apache error log:

[Sat Mar 03 22:37:08 2012] [warn] pid file C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/logs/httpd.pid overwritten — Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?

I am running Windows 7 professional (32bit)
I am using Apache 2.2.22
I am using PHP 5.3.10
I am using MySQL version 5.5.21

Here is the order of my install
1) Apache
2) PHP
3) MySQL 5.5.20

Then I removed MySQL and reinstalled version 5.5.21 and reconfigured all of the files. My uninstall was clean (I think) since I went into the registry and killed everything related to MySQL before I reinstalled 5.5.21

I would appreciate and welcome any feedback or direction as I continue to troubleshoot and try to get all 3 of these programs to play nice together.

Thanks,
Todd

[EDIT by Altrea: moved because it is no XAMPP installation]
todddyer

Operating System: Windows 7

Return to Apache