Problem with Apache - Xampp

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problem with Apache - Xampp

Postby Fossy » 01. March 2012 17:31

Hello friends:

I'm having problems with apache2 (last version of xampp for linux). I have some templates in Joomla that Apache2 can't work good. When you access the first time to website, the template looks break, without styles, text mode..., but if you REFRESH navigator 1 or 2 times, the template looks good!!.

After going crazy thinking that the problem was in template, I have installed it in a server with normal Apache and it works great, and all people that having use the same template haven't problem wit it. Differences: I'm using Apache2 and their Apache.

Conclusion: My Apache2 (Version 2.2.21) don't work correctly and the first time send to navigators the website without styles.

Please, how I can update ONLY apache in Xampp?.

Thanks!!.
Fossy

Operating System: Linux Fedora 15 Lovelock 64

Re: Problem with Apache - Xampp

Postby JonB » 01. March 2012 20:50

Please, how I can update ONLY apache in Xampp?.

Answer - you can't -

Pray tell, what is "normal Apache"??? :?:

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Re: Problem with Apache - Xampp

Postby Fossy » 01. March 2012 21:18

JonB, thanks for your reply.

"Normal apache" is Apache 1..., I have Apache2 with Xampp 1.7.7 and with Apache 1 we haven't problems.

You can see the same template working in Apache 1 here: http://www.test.gradiniteiasi.com/

I would like test before apache 2.4.x to see if this version haven't that problem, but if can't update in xampp, I think that I need to erase all xampp and install Apache, PHP, Mysql, etc. separately.

Thanks!!.
Fossy

Operating System: Linux Fedora 15 Lovelock 64

Return to XAMPP for Linux