Configuration php/java bridge in xampp

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Configuration php/java bridge in xampp

Postby izanzawawi » 18. February 2012 10:28

Hello,

I'm first time want develop application using php and java. I already install xampp1.6.8 on my laptops but i'dont not how to configure java bridge in xampp. Please guide me how to configure and what is requirement is needed besides xampp engine.

Any website or example source code can i refer for more understanding how to integrate php and java.

Thanks.
izanzawawi

Operating System: windows 7

Re: Configuration php/java bridge in xampp

Postby JonB » 18. February 2012 12:21

Could I inquire why you wish to use XAMPP 1.6.8 instead of a current version??

Its impossible for anyone here to help with a version that old.

Try using a current version of XAMPP - we consider that to be 1.7.3 1.7.4 or 1.7.7

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby izanzawawi » 18. February 2012 15:17

Thanks JonB for reply,

Actually before this i'm develop my application php using xampp1.6.8. So its already install in my laptop. But now we want to develop using php and java platform.
Ok, I'm will install latest version Xampp. Thanks for your co-operation.
izanzawawi

Postby izanzawawi » 20. February 2012 14:55

Hi JonB,

I'm already install xampp1.7.7 in my notebook. Any configure i need to setup before i integrate btw php and java. Please give me any example or reference for me refer because i first time want to integrate php and java. I really hope your help. Thanks.
izanzawawi

Postby JonB » 20. February 2012 15:14

Now the question is:

What Java???

If you want to integrate php and javascript in (other than learning it) you are ready to go.

If you want to build java applets and run them with Tomcat (a Java application server) you will need to enable Tomcat.

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Postby izanzawawi » 20. February 2012 15:35

Actually, i want convert From Java to PHP. I want create inteface using PHP and the processing i want use the java language. It possible if i using xampp as a application server.
izanzawawi

Postby JonB » 20. February 2012 15:53

Actually, i want convert From Java to PHP. I want create inteface using PHP and the processing i want use the java language. It possible if i using xampp as a application server.

If you want to build java applets and run them with Tomcat (a Java application server) you will need to enable Tomcat.

If you want server-side processing with Java - you need Tomcat (its designed to work with Apache), or an equivalent Java server. In this situation, its possible to build your front end with PHP/HTML and let Tomcat 'do the work'.

This is a complex topic, with which I have not worked much myself. My method on new technologies is to get one or two books on the subject.

Apress, O'Reilly Books, Manning Publications and Wrox have the best Open Source references/books in my opinion (I have dozens of their titles)

This one looks promising - "Tomcat: The Definitive Guide"
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596003180.do

Also this one: Professional Apache Tomcat 6
http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/ ... 53610.html

Here's the 'official book list':
http://tomcat.apache.org/resources.html

you can probably buy them quite cheaply as used books online. I just added one to my library for under $10 US. :D

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows