How can I Uninstall XAMPP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How can I Uninstall XAMPP

Postby fks » 08. January 2012 20:06

Hi,
I have install XAMPP Lite 1.7.7. It work's fine. But i want (re)try MovAMP and it's not working (it's work fine before). I have delete XAMPP folder and restart my computer. I have'nt use services. When i run movamp i have the xampp icone on the adresse bar and no site. How can i really uninstall Xampp ?

Thank You for your help.

FKS
fks

Operating System: win 7 64

Re: unstall xampp

Postby Sharley » 08. January 2012 22:27

Try clearing your browser's cache (Temporary Internet Files).

Once the XAMPP folder is deleted then there is no longer any XAMPP files available and no registry entries because you did not install any Windows services.

Try another browser that you have not used to load XAMPP files previously to test that it may be a cached file somewhere.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: How can I Uninstall XAMPP

Postby fks » 08. January 2012 23:01

Thank's but i already have try all this solution. The only one is working is on another computer.
fks

Postby Sharley » 08. January 2012 23:08

fks wrote:Thank's but i already have try all this solution.
How are we supposed to know that unless you tell us what you have tried?
Remember you are the only one that can see your screen and know what you have done. :shock:

Have you searched the files on your PC for any xampp files, for example favicon.ico and xampp.ico which are the icon files found in the address bar.

What are you typing in the address bar that gives you the XAMPP icon?

As I said if you deleted totally the xampp installation folder then there should be no files remaining except for any that may have been cached.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby fks » 10. January 2012 16:15

How are we supposed to know that unless you tell us what you have tried?
Remember you are the only one that can see your screen and know what you have done.

Right. I'm sorry. I have try many things. I have reinitialised the host file too. And try on another PC but ont this movamp work nicely after i have run and stop Xampp.

Now, i think it's perhaps not Xampp but with Xampp th local host is ok and with movamp i always have the xampp icone and blank page.

Could you help me please ?

Fks
fks

Return to XAMPP for Windows