Install imagick issue

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Install imagick issue

Postby askme » 17. November 2011 11:28

I need to install imagick extension for php. I have already installed Image Magick. Then I did "sudo pecl install imagick". After this I had such output in console:

Installing '/usr/include/php/ext/imagick/php_imagick.h'
Installing '/usr/include/php/ext/imagick/php_imagick_defs.h'
Installing '/usr/include/php/ext/imagick/php_imagick_shared.h'
Installing '/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/imagick.so'

but as I'm using XAMPP, my extension dir( as I understand ) is /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php/php-5.3.1/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626. So what should I do to make this working, I tried to put .so file in extensions dir and to add extension=imagick.so record in php.ini and to restart apache, unfortunately this didn't work. Forgot to mention, I'm using Lion os
askme

Operating System: Lion

Re: Install imagick issue

Postby JonB » 17. November 2011 18:11

Hi - I would recommend you copy the installed files to the current extensions folder listed in phpinfo(), restart XAMPP/mampp. Don't forget to check the permissions and ownership..

.h files are just php code, so you could examine them in your favorite editor to ensure there are not any configuration dependent parameters/variables hard-coded in/

This is generalized PHP/*nix advice, I don't have a Mac running XAMPP to test on.
look at this -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7179 ... les-in-php

Good Luck

8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for macOS