How to make my website to go live on the Internet

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How to make my website to go live on the Internet

Postby Pally1 » 13. October 2011 07:51

Hello, i have made a Joomla website using Xampp, the thing is that i cant figure out how to launch it. I mean, i want the website to go live using my own, registered domain so that it can be accessed via internet. like www.mysite.com.

Can someone post a easy to understand step by step guide on how to get set up a live xampp server?

Thank you!
Last edited by Sharley on 13. October 2011 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed subject to a more meaningful title to make it forum search friendly.
Pally1

Re: How to make my website to go live on the Internet

Postby Sharley » 13. October 2011 08:09

We require your XAMPP version and your Windows Version to provide the correct version support - please read the following Announcements.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48331
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32670

Thanks.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: Greetings, please help out a noob

Postby Pally1 » 13. October 2011 08:18

Im using xampp-win32-1.7.7-VC9, and i mrunning on windows Vista, or i also can use windows XP
Pally1

Re: How to make my website to go live on the Internet

Postby Sharley » 13. October 2011 08:41

It is not recommended to use XAMPP as a live production server as outlined in the \xampp\readme_en.txt file.

A forum search for some of the keywords in your first post or even Joomla may have an up to date tutorial on how to do what you want.

Sorry, this forum does not usually help out directly those wanting to use XAMPP for anything but it's intended purpose - XAMPP has security settings for developing at localhost level not for an open server to the Internet.

There are alternative production servers that you could use, see Alteas signature here for a free alternative production server to XAMPP:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=41947.

Good luck with your forum search as I am sure you will find the answer, also Google will have the answer in the form of a tutorial for sure. :)

Best wishes. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows