MySQL and Apache won't run after reboot

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySQL and Apache won't run after reboot

Postby Franny » 13. September 2011 13:03

Hi there,

I'm quite new to XAMPP and working with servers, so I'm not sure what to do now.

I've got two Windows 2008 64 Bit Servers running on VMs, with either XAMPP 1.7.3 or 1.7.4
One is a local working copy (1.7.4.) , the other is situated on another server (1.7.3) where several people are testing code of mine.

On both of them, neither the MySQL or the Apache will start after a reboot. The panel opens as always, I click on start, the green "Running" message blinks and then it's greyed out again with "Stopped" written in the same grey. It always ends with me having to reinstall XAMPP after a reboot.

I've tried several of the advices on this subject. Heres what I've done so far:

Neither Skype nor IIS are installed, actually nothing is installed besides Microsoft Office, a PDFCreator, XAMPP, Notepad and Firefox
I've checked the blocked ports, :80 and :443 are available.
None of the services like IISAdmin or World Wide Web whatever were running.
Xampp etc. are started manually, not as a service.
I've used the apacheuninstallservice.bat
Xampp is installed directly on C:

There were no errors in the apache errorlog, I forgot to check on the mysql though before reinstalling though. Tried to reproduce it by restarting my local copy, and heeey... It's working as intended. Good thing those are virtual machines, I feel like kicking at them atm...

So, how can I identify the problem if (when) this error occurs again? I'm not feeling like rebooting the server copy right now, just had to do so...
Franny

Re: MySQL and Apache won't run after reboot

Postby JonB » 13. September 2011 18:57

Cisco VM's by any chance???

just asking -
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Re: MySQL and Apache won't run after reboot

Postby Franny » 15. September 2011 08:52

No, Oracle
Franny