status check failure 3 and wordpress install

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

status check failure 3 and wordpress install

Postby dough_boy » 01. September 2011 16:49

I just installed XAMPP 1.7.4 on Windows 7 and received the "status check failure 3" prompt in the control panel. Despite the "status check failure 3" I can still run the myPHPadmin, set up a database and set up the localhost and pull up the local host by typing it in my URL.

I use dreamweaver CS5 and am trying to integrate wordpress with it and using XAMPP as a testing server. I have followed two different tutorials step by step that deal with the installation of Wordpress and XAMPP as a tester.

Everytime I go to install wordpress(the last step) I get a message that my PHP is not running or it isn't installed or it's turned off. It is running and I have it installed.

Can anyone tell me if this has to do with the "status check failure 3"?

I am new at this and have been able to find a great deal of info but honestly I am at an impasse on this. Thank you for any suggestions.
dough_boy

Re: status check failure 3 and wordpress install

Postby JonB » 01. September 2011 17:29

did you use the search forum window? "status check failure"?

Status Check Failure 3 -- Its a cosmetic error in the Control Panel that shipped with 1.7.4. It has nothing to do with WordPress.

Fix it by installing the new Control Panel 3
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=46743

DL it here:
http://arloh.de/xampp/xampp_control3.0.2.zip

What Wordpress version are you trying to install? I have many WordPress installs, several running on XAMPP and I have never encountered that problem. You might want to check in the WordPress forums. (Or maybe someone here will have had that issue)

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows