Share MAMMP over Network

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Share MAMMP over Network

Postby petehayes » 09. March 2007 09:12

Hey all,

I've been trying to connect to my MAMMP localhost via other computers on my network, obviously unsuccessfully. I am going through a router, though I can still ping the computer running MAMMP successfully. I am using the proper local IP address of the computer and file sharing is enabled. If I turn website sharing on, it obviously disables MAMMP and runs the built in version of apache. I can connect to this, though it obviously doesn't display my website, but the default site that comes with os x. Any Ideas?

Secondly, how can I go about accessing virtual hosts via the network? Can I simply type 192.168.2.8/virtualHostName/index.php??

I'd really appreciate some help!!

Pete.
petehayes

Postby Kristian Marcroft » 09. March 2007 09:26

Hi,

do you have your personal firewall enabled on your Mac?

Regards,
Kristian Marcroft
Kristian Marcroft
AF Moderator

Postby petehayes » 09. March 2007 13:21

alright, i edited my firewall settings and can connect easily to my localhost, fantastic!! would you be able to help me with my other problem of being able to connect to virtual hosts remotely? thanks!!

P.
petehayes

Postby petehayes » 09. March 2007 14:06

ok don't worry. i just edited my hosts file like i was thinking originally, pointing the subdomain to the same ip address and it worked. i just expected it wouldn't. problem solved.

thanks for your help!

P
petehayes

Postby Kristian Marcroft » 09. March 2007 14:09

Hi,

yes you should open ports 80 & 443 in your firewall.

Regards,
Kristian Marcroft
AF Moderator

Re: Share MAMMP over Network

Postby backlashforblow » 16. August 2011 07:26

Hi there,
I have a local install of wordpress through MAMP, and its worked great. Now I want to share the wordpress site with others, without uploading it to a server. Is there a way to keep it local and share it with others? If it helps, the people I want to share it with are on my local network as well.
I want to share it so they can see the site, not just the files.
Thanks, folks! :wink:
Brad Jordan [arbbot]
Solutions Architect / mySQL
Unity Android, Unity Wii QA
Game Director & Wedding Hairstyles Developer
backlashforblow

Return to XAMPP for macOS