MY SQL accsess over the network

Alles, was MariaDB und MySQL betrifft, kann hier besprochen werden.

MY SQL accsess over the network

Postby Ominae » 07. August 2011 13:52

Hi there

i am trying to give accsess to the MYSQL DB to my swebserver onver the local areia network
so far i have tryed a few things that have not worked iff some one could help me out
that would be realy good as i am now out of idears..

many thanx

mark
Ominae

Re: MY SQL accsess over the network

Postby Nobbie » 07. August 2011 15:04

Da Du uns nicht einmal ansatzweise zeigst, was Du bisher versucht hast und an welcher Stelle es scheitert, ist es leider vollkommen unmöglich, irgendeinen konkreten Hinweis zu geben.
Nobbie

Postby Ominae » 07. August 2011 15:06

how about somthing that is known to work as a guess

i sat using goodle to try an work out how to change the configs i carnt tell you what i have
tryed as all i have done is use google to try an find a solution...

each result ended in me reinstalling..
Ominae

Postby Nobbie » 07. August 2011 19:49

Ominae wrote:how about somthing that is known to work as a guess

Ok, gib den richtigen Server an.

Du bist wirklich witzig - wie soll man denn irgendetwas empfehlen, wenn man NICHT weiß, was genau schief geht?

Mein Auto fährt nicht - hättest Du einen Tipp?
Nobbie

Postby Ominae » 08. August 2011 07:23

okay i did state my problem in the first post i carnt connect to the SQL DB over the network i asked how to
make this happen.
you focused on what i had tryed prior as i said i had tryed a few times maybe next time i will leave it at the question alone.......

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL server is offline or you dont have access to connect to it or username/password is wrong.

MySQL reported: Access denied for user 'root'@'EODO808' (using password: YES).

Suggestions:
1) Recheck your MySQL username and password in website's config.php file.
2) Try start MySQL server on your host, maybee there is no connection.
3) Give 'admin' rights to user (root) that you using to connect to MySQL.

this is the error i get when i try and get a web site to accsess my SQL DB over the LOCAL area network.

bk to origonal question how to i fix this please.
Ominae

Postby Nobbie » 08. August 2011 08:33

a) ist EODO808 der richtige Servername? Wie lautet die IP, die zu EODO808 gehört?

b) läuft auch wirklich ein MySQL Server auf EODO808?

c) hat der User "root" ein Passwort? Hat User "root" die Berechtigung, auf EODO808 zuzugreifen?

d) was für ein Betriebssystem läuft auf dem Server, welches Betriebssystem läuft auf dem Client?

e) sind evtl. Firewalls aktiv?
Nobbie

Postby Ominae » 08. August 2011 09:14

Eodo808 is the correct server name it is my web server i have a NAS at home with build in nas the ip that the
Eodo808 is using is 192.168.1.67

no the SQL DB is not on eodo808 it is on a diffrent network PC that is am now using as a games computer
but some of what i am doing requires a database be installed there also i have a web site on Eodo808
that is trying to accsess the DB on the second PC and pull information from it IP:192.168.1.66 = games server

The my XAMPP install is on a computer named CyberCityServer ip:192.168.1.66 after september this
will be a standalone server the web site on Eodo808 is duplicated here in every way as the sites SQL in on
this computer so when i move to my new flat there will be no interuption i will forward port 80 to this
server.

the CyberCityServer is running windows 7
and i turn off all firewalls by default there just a pain :)

i dont think i left anything out atm jus need to open up the SQL DB for local area network soo the second server can
comunicate with it :S

thanx for you help
Ominae

Postby Nobbie » 08. August 2011 12:02

Ominae wrote:Eodo808 is the correct server name it is my web server i have a NAS at home with build in nas the ip that the
Eodo808 is using is 192.168.1.67

First of all: do you know, that THIS HERE is the GERMAN(!) forum? There is an english forum as well on this site (scroll down), but THIS is the german part.

Als nächstes: ein NAS Laufwerk ist normalerweise nur ein Sambaserver (Windows Server) o.ä. - aber kein MySQL Server. Läuft auf dem Eodo808 wirklich eine MySQL Server Installation?

Ominae wrote:no the SQL DB is not on eodo808 it is on a diffrent network PC that is am now using as a games computer

Was verstehst Du unter "SQL DB"? Eine DB (= Database) ist eine Datenbank - das ist aber (rein technisch) nur ein Ordner im Dateisystem (im data Verzeichnis von MySQL). Wo (in welcher CPU) läuft der MySQL Server, den Du erreichen willst?

Ominae wrote:but some of what i am doing requires a database be installed there also i have a web site on Eodo808
that is trying to accsess the DB on the second PC and pull information from it IP:192.168.1.66 = games server

Das bedeutet doch aber, dass auf dem NAS (Eodo808) KEIN(!) MySQL Server läuft. Und das heißt, dass Du den mysql_connect() falsch konfiguriert hast - der muss auf den Server zugreifen (wahrscheinlich 192.168.1.66) und nicht auf das NAS (Eodo808).

Ominae wrote:The my XAMPP install is on a computer named CyberCityServer ip:192.168.1.66 after september this
will be a standalone server the web site on Eodo808 is duplicated here in every way as the sites SQL in on
this computer so when i move to my new flat there will be no interuption i will forward port 80 to this
server.

Also ist der Xampp Rechner identisch mit dem games server? Das ist dieselbe IP.

Aber es bleibt die Frage offen: gibt es überhaupt auf dem NAS (auf dem Betriebssystem des NAS!) eine MySQL Installation? Wenn ja, wie kommt die dahin? Oder ist das (beispielsweise) ein vollständiger Linux Rechner, der u.a. auch ein NAS Laufwerk anbietet? Das ist das Problem, diese Fragen musst Du korrekt beantworten.
Nobbie

Postby Ominae » 08. August 2011 13:23

yes this is the gearman section but there is no SQL section in the english so i posted in the relivant section...

Problem i am having agen

connecting to the MYSQL database system on the server computer named CyberCityServer IP:192.168.1.66

from

the NAS box called Eodo808 IP:192.168.1.67 (running a linux OS nither her or there)

Solution changing the config so that MySQL will accept connections from the local area network as it stands it will
only accsept connections over the LOCALHOST ie. the computer running MySQL [CyberCityServer]

I need MySQL to allow Eodo808 IP:192.168.1.67 to connect and accsess a certain 2 DB's that are running
to monitor and log stats from 2 game servers.

so the question is how do i allow local area connections in MySQL iff i install just MYSQL there is a config agent for this
but then i would lose the apche server and stuffs i do NOT want this...

is there a solution to this problem as google searches are still not giving me any help that works
Ominae

Postby Nobbie » 08. August 2011 16:46

Ominae wrote:I need MySQL to allow Eodo808 IP:192.168.1.67 to connect and accsess a certain 2 DB's that are running
to monitor and log stats from 2 game servers.

Nein, das glaube ich nicht. Ich bin sicher, dass Du Verständnisprobleme hast, was der wirkliche Client und der wirkliche Server ist. Der NAS Server Eodo808 ist mit einiger Sicherheit WEDER ein Client (Apache/PHP) noch ein Server (MySQL), noch nicht einmal ein HTTP Client (Firefox, Internet Explorer). Normalerweise ist ein NAS Laufwerk nichts anderes als eine Festplatte - mit etwas mehr Netzwerktechnik drum herum. Es gibt NAS Laufwerke, die betreiben gleichzeitig einen HTTP Server (auch sogar mit PHP) und es gibt auch welche, die betreiben einen MySQL Server. Ich glaube aber nicht. dass Du das Eodo808 (wo übrigens ein Linux als Betriebssystem läuft) so eingerichtet hast.

So lange Du selbst nicht 100%ig genau beschreiben kannst, wo welcher Server läuft, kann Dir niemand richtig helfen. Es muss ganz klar sein, auf welcher CPU Apache läuft, wo MySQL Server läuft. Das ist mir in diesem Moment immer noch nicht klar - weil Du ungenau beschreibst (wahrscheinlich, weil Du nicht genau weißt, was ein Server ist und was kein Server ist).
Nobbie

Postby Ominae » 08. August 2011 16:57

looool your tryin to tell me what hardware i have set up now god that is funny

GOOGLE Etrayz NAS system witha linux OS and full apache and SQL servers intalleble i have both going.

for one moment please get off your high horse if you would read my question an not get upng up on my tech
knowhow you would see what i am asking for is realy a simple question my not be an easy answer i dont know hence my
posting here for help

Server one. is a PC runnin win 7 it has XAMPP installed i want to enable the MySQL in XAMPP to accept incoming connections
from remote computers IE other computers on the net work

in this case

server two the Etrayz NAS system that i am currently using as my web server with its own apache and sql sysemts ......

the question

how to make MySQL in XAMPP allow connections from server two to read the 2 databases i need read for the website

where is teh difficulty in understanding this question i have repeted it 3 times now an yet you focus on my lack tech knollage
and terminoligy dude your comming off as very arrogent atm..................
Ominae

Postby Nobbie » 08. August 2011 18:48

Ominae wrote:GOOGLE Etrayz NAS system witha linux OS and full apache and SQL servers intalleble i have both going.

Ach was?

Und wieso schreibst Du hier dieses:

Ominae wrote:the NAS box called Eodo808 IP:192.168.1.67 (running a linux OS nither her or there)

Was stimmt denn jetzt??

Ominae wrote:for one moment please get off your high horse if you would read my question an not get upng up on my tech
knowhow you would see what i am asking for is realy a simple question my not be an easy answer i dont know hence my
posting here for help

Das hat mit "hohem Ross" nichts zu tun: Ich verstehe Dich nicht, Du beschreibst leider sehr schlecht (siehe oben!).

Ominae wrote:where is teh difficulty in understanding this question i have repeted it 3 times now an yet you focus on my lack tech knollage
and terminoligy dude your comming off as very arrogent atm..................

Weil Du Deine Umgebung nicht beschreiben kannst - die Frage an sich ist einfach - aber ohne weitere Erklärung leider nicht zu beantworten. Aber wenn das alles so einfach ist (für mich wäre es sehr einfach - aber leider sitze ich nicht vor Deinen Computern, sondern Du sitzt dort und Du erklärst nicht gut, was Du dort versuchst), dann frage ich Dich: wieso bekommst Du es nicht hin?

Ich gebe auf, ich bin zu doof dafür (falls DIch das tröstet), vielleicht gibt es jemanden hier, der Dich versteht: ich verstehe es nicht und habe keine Lust mehr. Und vielleicht solltest Du mal darüber nachdenken, warum (außer mir) niemand auf diese Frage hier antwortet und warum Du auch bei Google keine Lösung findest (was ganz sicher NICHT an mir mir liegt)?! Mir ist das egal, ich bekomme kein Geld für meine Hilfe, ich habe alles versucht, aber wenn Du der Meinung bist, das liegt alles an mir, dann wird das schon stimmen und dann sollte Dir jemand anderes helfen. Viel Glück.
Nobbie

Return to MariaDB - MySQL