help~ Invalid Data Attempt - Command Failed

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

help~ Invalid Data Attempt - Command Failed

Postby yingsuat » 18. July 2011 05:19

Hi all,

After I go IE select backup for Fixed Assets, it becomes like below, unable to generate report or go to the website even I restart the window.
May I know how to fix it?

"Your attempt to run this command has failed due to a data entry error - please revise your entry and try again. If problems persist, please contact your system administrator.
You will be automatically redirected in 10 seconds, otherwise click here"

Thanks,
Yingsuat
yingsuat

Re: help~ Invalid Data Attempt - Command Failed

Postby Sharley » 18. July 2011 06:03

yingsuat wrote:After I go IE select backup for Fixed Assets
I don't know of anything in the XAMPP releases that refers to this issue.

Can you be more specific and give much more detail, for example does this Fixed Asset refer to a script or application you have installed in the htdocs folder of XAMPP?

What version of XAMPP and which Windows OS?

What are you typing in the address bar of your IE to see this error?

etc. etc. - get the idea?

Best wishes.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby yingsuat » 18. July 2011 06:36

What are you typing in the address bar of your IE to see this error?
-->http://localhost/asset/index.php

I think I am using XAMPP for Windows Version 1.5.4a

I copy the data from another pc and paste into htdocs folder of XAMPP. After that go IE there to 'select backup' before i generate the report. In the end the screen keep showing the 'data entry error'
yingsuat

Postby Sharley » 18. July 2011 06:47

yingsuat wrote:I copy the data from another pc and paste into htdocs folder of XAMPP.
What data are your copying and then pasting?

Is it stored in a database?

If this is 'asset' MySQL database stored data on your originating PC, then you need to use phpMyAdmin on that PC to export the data to an sql file and then use phpMyAdmin to import that sql data file into the asset database on the PC you wish to import the data to - copy and paste in your case will fail if it is MySQL database stored data.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby yingsuat » 18. July 2011 06:57

Sorry, i am not good in pc thing. whats the meaning of 'stored in a database'?
I copy the company inventory data into C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\asset\backup before i go IE

whats 'phpMyAdmin'
can you show me step by step?
thanks a lot for your kindly helping
yingsuat

Postby yingsuat » 18. July 2011 07:12

how do i make the http://localhost/asset/index.php everything the same just like before i make 'backup' on that system? Before i 'select backup' Im able to generate report and manage setting. Sorry, i know im not good in explaining the problem i face.
yingsuat

Postby Sharley » 18. July 2011 07:48

First of all you have to realize that we can't see or know what you can see or know on any computers that you are working on.

You have to try and be as explicit with details as possible - like telling us what you see and do or by taking screen caps perhaps.

It would be a great help if we knew what this asset is you keep referring to, is it a script you downloaded and installed into the asset folder in the htdocs folder of XAMPP - I may be able to then find this application on the Internet and see how it perhaps works, like if it has a database or what is available in some settings control panel etc.

Normally issues like yours are not in the scope of this XAMPP forum to solve but if you give me more details about this asset you talk about then I may be able to offer some suggestions.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby yingsuat » 18. July 2011 08:20

Thanks for your reply.

I copied the data from another pc <C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\asset\backup> to my pc <C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\asset\backup>
Like normally, i go http://localhost/asset/index.php --> manage setting --> restore database --> select backup'

the name of the file i copied is 'backup.1310183370'
This is the data we finish editing company inventory(addition & disposal for last mth) by using another pc

Once i click 'select backup', the screen result:

Invalid Data Attempt - Command Failed

Your attempt to run this command has failed due to a data entry error - please revise your entry and try again. If problems persist, please contact your system administrator.
You will be automatically redirected in 10 seconds, otherwise click here

Hope you can help me to solve the problem.
yingsuat

Postby Sharley » 18. July 2011 08:34

Thanks but the only thing that came out of your last posts is that you are dealing with a database which answers your question
yingsuat wrote:whats the meaning of 'stored in a database'?

Now I need to know the full name of the 'asset' program/php script you are using, what is asset?
what is it's full name and where is the home page of this program, if you know it?
You must have downloaded it and installed it into C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\asset folder before you could use it.

I can't do anything about your issue until I know this, so please don't keep evading this question as it is important.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby yingsuat » 18. July 2011 08:50

Hi,
actually i din evad the question you asked, the reason is i dun understand what question you asked

XAMPP control panel version 2.3 (17 may 2006)
windows 5.1 Build 2600 Platform 2 service Pack 3
Current derectory: c:\Program Files\xampp
This is i found in XAMPP control panel

Now I need to know the full name of the 'asset' program/php script you are using, what is asset?
-->FIXED ASSETS 2006(??)
yingsuat

Postby yingsuat » 18. July 2011 08:57

'asset' is not a program/php script, just the name of the folder ( we got 'assets' & 'inventory' for the FA2006 system)
yingsuat

Postby Sharley » 18. July 2011 09:08

If you don't understand what I ask you, then please tell me so as I can't read minds from this distance anyway. ;)

yingsuat wrote:FIXED ASSETS 2006
That looks like the program you may be using.
So give me some time and I will try and find it and then download and investigate what your issues might be by trying to replicate your problem or at least see what makes it tick.

Normally to copy data from a database you would go to http://locahost/phpmyadmin and select the database you want to export, then create an sql file from your selected data.

Then you would open http://localhost/phpMyAdmin on the computer your want to import that data sql file and select the database and import that sql file.

But until I take a look at FA2006 and how you are expected to create backups I will be unable to help.

In effect XAMPP has no direct influence on your issue but rather it is a data corruption or some other issue with the data that becomes evident when you try and copy and paste it from another computer - have you successfully done this data copy and paste before?

This site seems to be where you will more than likely get help for your issue as it seems to be a commercial program and well beyond the scope of this forum to help with your issue.
http://softdomain.net/

Sorry, best I can do for now.

Good luck with it and best wishes.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby yingsuat » 18. July 2011 09:16

Sorry for my weak understanding as this only my second time to use this system

I copied the data from another pc <C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\asset\backup> to my pc <C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\asset\backup>
Like normally, i go http://localhost/asset/index.php --> manage setting --> restore database --> select backup'
same step as last time, but this time occur this error
yingsuat

Postby Sharley » 18. July 2011 09:23

You may get more help by contacting the people on this page - support for example:
http://softdomain.net/contactus.html
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby yingsuat » 18. July 2011 09:37

really appreciated for your reply.

last question would like to ask you, do you know what should i do to recover to the main page of the Fixed Assets 2006? if i can return to that page, i just can restore the backup thing, or i only can contact the person you provided previously?
yingsuat

Next

Return to XAMPP for Windows