Help me please

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Help me please

Postby Pikaboo » 15. July 2011 07:38

Hello,

I recently started trying to build something on my computer again:

I installed xampp 1.7.4 on windows 7 32bit
I changed the ports skype uses (removed the tick to use port 80)

And downloaded my website to my computer to mess with it
My problems are as follows:

1. apache does not always start
2. when rebooting computer, i turn on xampp to find out that apache and mysql have been removed as services (not ticks on svc) even though i did put them there before (several times already)
3. in every browser , except explorer 9 , my webpage shows code instead of content
4. my webpage is built in frames, and there are 3 of them, two load, and the middle one always shows "error 500"
Pikaboo

Re: Help me please

Postby Sharley » 16. July 2011 09:20

Pikaboo wrote:1. apache does not always start
Read the \xampp\apache\logs\error.log file for clues when Apache can't start.

Pikaboo wrote:2. when rebooting computer, i turn on xampp to find out that apache and mysql have been removed as services (not ticks on svc) even though i did put them there before (several times already)
These can be left unchecked as most people do not need these services when using XAMPP for it's intended development purpose - once you have established and remove the other issues that you have, then it may be time to see what may causing this issue.

Pikaboo wrote:3. in every browser , except explorer 9 , my webpage shows code instead of content
This will happen when Apache is not running, if it happens when Apache has started and is running then you may have issues with your php code, for example short_open_tags etc. but without seeing any of your code the solution will be hard to find.

Pikaboo wrote:4. my webpage is built in frames, and there are 3 of them, two load, and the middle one always shows "error 500"
Again a code issue and the error.log file will give you clues what is causing the error 500.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows