(OS 10022)An invalid argument was supplied

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

(OS 10022)An invalid argument was supplied

Postby PeterTalbot » 21. June 2011 17:47

I've been happily using XAMPP 1.7.4 on Windows XP for many weeks then today I suddenly have a problem. On startup, apache generates the error message "(OS 10022)An invalid argument was supplied. : Child 3388: Encountered too many errors accepting client connections. Possible causes: dynamic address renewal, or incompatible VPN or firewall software. Try using the Win32DisableAcceptEx directive."

This message is logged repeatedly (i.e. several zillion times) - causing the computer to run out of resources and lock up.

I've tried the Win32DisableAcceptEx tweak: this stops the error message appearing but the apache server still does not repond to page requests.

I suspect this problem may have appeared as a result of a recent Windows update - e.g. KB2544893 or the latest cumulative security update for IE8 - and I wonder if anyone else has had similar issues.

I'm also using Kaspersky AV 11.

Peter
PeterTalbot

Re: (OS 10022)An invalid argument was supplied

Postby JonB » 21. June 2011 18:49

Two things

1 - did you read this?
http://bravo.newnetenterprises.com/word ... ex-failed/

2. Try Chrome or Firefox (if it was ONLY a patch for IE8) I read the Knowledge base - it appears that one is specific to IE (although I don't how or why it would cause this issue but the TCP/IP stack is complex)

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Re: (OS 10022)An invalid argument was supplied

Postby PeterTalbot » 21. June 2011 21:55

So I finally put two and two together and uninstalled StationRipper - this has cured the problem.

So we should watch out for StationRipper interfering with other networking applications.

Peter
PeterTalbot

Return to XAMPP for Windows