problem facing while installing Mantis with XAMPP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

problem facing while installing Mantis with XAMPP

Postby coolmindedbikash » 12. May 2009 12:55

HI,
I want to install Mantis. I have XAMPP installed and

testlink is working fine.

what i did is

1) copied the extracted testlink folder into

c://Xampp/htdocs/

2) accessed the url http://localhost/mantis

3) I got a installation page saying

* Type of Database --> mysql
* Hostname (for Database Server) --> localhost
* Username (for Database) --> root
* password (for database) --> <blank>
* Database name (for Database) --> bugtracker
* Admin Username (to create Database) --> <blank>

What need to be filled up here??

4) I filled up and tried so many times but getting error

saying

* create database if it doesnot exist ---> BAD, Does

administrative user have access to create the

database(access denied for user 'bikash'@localhost to

database bugtracker)

* Attempting to connect to database as user --> Possible

problem,, database user doesnt have access to the

database (Access denied for user 'bikuser'localhost(using

password: YES))

Plz help me out...
coolmindedbikash

Re: problem facing while installing Mantis with XAMPP

Postby Wiedmann » 12. May 2009 13:10

(access denied for user 'bikash'@localhost to

Access denied for user 'bikuser'localhost(using password: YES

Why is this software using one time "bikash" as user, and another time "bikuser"?

* Username (for Database) --> root

But in the configuration you have the user "root"?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby chethanh » 18. June 2011 06:35

Hi,

I am trying to install mantis. i have installed XAMPP,Mysql and PHP. After starting XAMPP control Panel. Now i'm getting this error as soon as i open http://localhost/mantis/

"Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0"

"Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required 'C:/xampp/htdocs/mantis/index.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in Unknown on line 0"

Please help me out.

Regards
Chethan
chethanh

Postby Sharley » 18. June 2011 07:59

Hello Chethan,

This is an old Topic so may be that newer information will be required - it's been a long time since I have seen this error message and I could not find any definitive permission solutions for a Windows installations but in Linux it would be a permission setting correction that would most likely help.

Are there any clues or a more detailed error message in the \xampp\apache\logs\error.log file at about the date and time you last got the error message when trying to load the index.php file?

This is the relevant line in the php.ini file which is stock standard and the path is updated after installing XAMPP (when the setup_xampp.bat file is run either manually or during the automated install)
Code: Select all
; Windows: "\path1;\path2"
include_path = ".;C:\xampp\php\PEAR"

I am not familiar with Mantis but I take it you mean the Mantis Bug Tracker - MantisBT?
If so, which version of MantisBT are you trying to use?

What version of XAMPP - important as the included php version may be at issue here?
From the requirements "Recommended version is PHP 5.2.x."
http://docs.mantisbt.org/master/en/admi ... EQUIRMENTS
This may not be required if we can be assured that your current XAMPP version is working properly as it seems others have installed MantisBT on versions with PHP 5.3.x.

For your information and if required then the last XAMPP version with PHP 5.2.9 was 1.7.1 available from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/f ... ows/1.7.1/
This version may be the way to go xampp-win32-1.7.1.zip and after extracting the xampp folder to the root of a drive like C: you would need to run the setup_xampp.bat file to set the correct paths...
...but first remember to uninstall any previous XAMPP versions by removing the ticks in any Svc boxes, Stop all components in the XAMPP Control Panel then EXIT the XCP and delete the xampp folder after backing up your own files, databases and folders.

To establish if your current XAMPP version installation is working as it should try the following:
When you have the XAMPP Control Panel open does Apache and MySQL show the green running indication?

Remove any ticks in the Svc boxes and after answering the pop up questions make sure Apache and MySQL are started again and show the green running.

Can you access http://localhost and see the orange pages of the XAMPP Welcome/Admin pages?

Can you exercise all the demos in the left hand menu and read the phpinfo() page without getting any errors?

You are also aware that MantisBT has a support forum here:
http://www.mantisbt.org/forums/

I typed xampp in the forum search and found many results - you may have more time than I to dig through them for your error or simply try typing your error in the search box.

Now, if all else fails, and you would like to try an alternative method of installing XAMPP 1.7.4 that has been know to eliminate some strange issues with the automated installation method then look at this Topic for instruction, it also includes a link to the new XAMPP Control Panel version 3.
viewtopic.php?p=181170#p181170

Chethan, good luck and best wishes.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby chethanh » 18. June 2011 12:27

Hi Sharley,
Thanks for Replying to my Query.
Yes you are rite, am trying to install Mantis Bug tracker Tool(Version "mantisbt-1.2.5").
About PHP i have installed 5.3.6.
i have installed the latest version of XAMPP (Version "xampp-win32-1.7.4-VC6-installer.exe.)
I Can access http://localhost and i can see the orange pages of the XAMPP Welcome/Admin pages.
I Can exercise all the demos in the left hand menu and read the phpinfo() page without getting any errors.

After that when i try to open the Local host "http://localhost/mantis/ am getting this Error

"Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0"

"Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required 'C:/xampp/htdocs/mantis/index.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in Unknown on line 0"

I tried searching in the Forum still am unable to find the real problem, Please guide me.

Cheers
Chethan
chethanh

Postby Sharley » 18. June 2011 13:04

Which version of Windows are you using?

If Vista are you logged in as an administrator or just a humble user?

Have you disabled UAC?

It seems to be a strange Vista file permissions issue.

I there anything in this post on another forum that may help re green encrypted files?
http://www.wampserver.com/phorum/read.php?2,43642

What was in the C:\xampp\apache\logs\error.log file?
To read it simply drag it into your text editor, notepad for example.
Look at the date and time you tried to access the index.php file and received the error in your browser and paste the relevant lines here between the forum code tags.

See if there are clues in these Google search results but ignore any results that refer to Linux as Windows is not the same with regard to permissions.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby chethanh » 18. June 2011 13:43

Hi Sharley,
Am using Microsoft Windows XP Professional 2002,Service pack 3.
Am logging in as a Administrator
What do you mean by UAC? I don't have any idea how to disable UAC.

In the C:\xampp\apache\logs\error.log file am getting the below mentioned error.

[Sat Jun 18 18:10:06 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0
[Sat Jun 18 18:10:06 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required 'C:/xampp/htdocs/mantis/index.php' (include_path='.;C:\\xampp\\php\\PEAR') in Unknown on line 0

Kindly do the needful

Cheers
Chethan
chethanh

Postby JonB » 18. June 2011 20:58

Google this "in Unknown on line 0"

It seems to be a bizarre error code that covers a myriad on minor sins. They pretty much all come down to php saying 'I can't find or open the file'.

Good Luck
:shock:
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows