Need Help with XAMPP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Need Help with XAMPP

Postby DVD2011 » 03. June 2011 18:44

Hello Friends,

I have very limited knowledge of Web programming stuff. I am working as a technical support for a company which has an intranet which I believe was created using XAMPP. The previous support person left the company and did not leave any documentation about this. We are currently having some problems with it. Our users cannot login the Web site to modify contents. When they put in their username and password, it flashes and then goes back to the homepage. It does not give any error message about incorrect username or password. When we tried the link "Forgot your username" and "Forgot your password", it asked for email address to send the reset information but nothing was sent out to users.

On the server, I have tried to access the XAMPP Control Panel > PHPMyAdmin >Joomla >Jos_users table and edited the password for one of the users but he still cannot login.

I am guessing maybe somehow the authentication mechanism is not working properly.

Could someone give me some help please.

Thank you much.

DVD
DVD2011

Re: Need Help with XAMPP

Postby Sharley » 03. June 2011 23:12

DVD2011 wrote:Our users cannot login the Web site to modify contents. When they put in their username and password, it flashes and then goes back to the homepage. It does not give any error message about incorrect username or password. When we tried the link "Forgot your username" and "Forgot your password", it asked for email address to send the reset information but nothing was sent out to users.
This is not an XAMPP issue but rather an issue with Joomla and so a visit to the Joomla support forums may result in a more helpful response that the previous poster.

Have you tried to login to Joomla using the Administrator page where you will be able to change user passwords, as trying to do this in phpMyAdmin will not work as they are coded by Joomla and then stored in the database in encrypted format not in open text format.

If you have any issues with the XAMPP installation then please feel free to post again here as we don't charge for XAMPP support even to commercial users of XAMPP but remember to provide as much detail as possible including full error messages and if possible the relevant entries in the \xampp\apache\logs\error.log file and or the access.log file.

Good luck and best wishes.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows