Help installing imagick

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Help installing imagick

Postby Nohbudy » 23. May 2011 21:08

Hello all,
I'm trying to install a PECL module imagick into XAMPP, but it's not showing up on phpinfo();

The steps I've taken so far
1. Compiled Image Magick from source
2. Compiled imagick PECL module from source
3. Copied the .so files magicwand.so and imagick.so from /usr/lib/php/modules/ to /opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613
4. added
Code: Select all
extension=imagick.so
extension=magickwand.so

into /opt/lampp/etc/php.ini (tried all combinations of the two modules as well)
5. Restarted xampp

XAMPP returned no errors, and I have no evidence of imagick or magickwand in phpinfo.
If it helps any; the distribution is CentOS, and there is another install of apache2 but that isn't being used.

I'm at a bit of a dead end here, any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Nohbudy

Re: Help installing imagick

Postby Nohbudy » 24. May 2011 19:13

I think if someone can point me to XAMPP's location of the extension header files equivalent to /usr/include/php/ext , i'll be in business. I've done a few searches, but I haven't been able to find it on my own.
Nohbudy

Re: Help installing imagick

Postby Nohbudy » 25. May 2011 20:17

I found the xampp-dev files, and installed them successfully. Then did a ./pecl install imagick that ran sucessfully.
I restarted apache, but I have a new error that's hanging me up.
Code: Select all
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/imagick.so' - libgomp.so.1: shared object cannot be dlopen()ed in Unknown on line 0

I saw that the installation left imagick.so as non-executable so I've since fixed that. I also copied libgomp.so.1 into the same directory with no success.
Nohbudy

Return to XAMPP for Linux