No one can connect to my server but me

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

No one can connect to my server but me

Postby Sani_ » 10. May 2011 01:32

Hi, I'm new with XAMPP. I don't know why no one can connect to my server, here is some details and information:

I installed XAMPP, Apache, MySql, and FileZilla all work properly (they say running)
I modified my router and port forward my ip (in this case 10.0.0.5) to port 80, and 443
I also set the same ip as the DMZ host

My computer is able to see the web server using 127.0.0.1 or localhost, but other computers on the same network cant see my site (using 127.0.0.1 or localhost) or other networks cant view my site using my web ip.

I do have a firewall.. ZoneAlarm, I also modified it so it would accept traffic on those ports, I also test to see if its the problem turning it off as well as the windows firewall and it still doesn't work for others. So.. Im pretty sure its a different problem, either with the router or the XAMPP itself. I need help please!! Thanks.
Sani_

Re: No one can connect to my server but me

Postby Sharley » 10. May 2011 11:20

Open \xampp\apache\conf\extra\httpd-xampp.conf file in notepad or your favorite text editor (do not use a word type editor) and down at the bottom of the file add this line:
Allow from 10.0.0.0/8
so it looks like this
Code: Select all
#
# New XAMPP security concept
#
<LocationMatch <LocationMatch "^/(?i:(?:xampp|security|licenses|phpmyadmin|webalizer|server-status|server-info))">
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.0/8
    Allow from 10.0.0.0/8
    ErrorDocument 403 /error/HTTP_XAMPP_FORBIDDEN.html.var
</LocationMatch>
Save the file and restart Apache.

Now test your access from the network computers.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: No one can connect to my server but me

Postby Sani_ » 10. May 2011 20:31

Thanks for the reply.

I actually found the problem. The problem wasn't the router but it was the modem, It also has a firewall that I didn't know of, and port forwarding.. so I forward the ports to the router address and everything worked out perfect, now people on the network and people outside the network can view my webpage.

I am using a Westel 6100 modem btw, Verizon.

Thanks again

(Solved)
Sani_

Return to XAMPP for Windows